What to do with iLife '04?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DavidLeblond, Mar 20, 2005.

1. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I just recently got iLife '05, and was wondering... what can I do with iLife '04? Can I sell it on eBay (I mean legally, I'm not pondering over whether people will actually buy it)? I mean its not like I got an iLife upgrade, I bought the whole thing. Anyone know?

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

You can sell it. I'm not sure how much you'll get for it, though!

3. DavidLeblond thread starter macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

They're selling it for $11 over there, thats not bad ... better than nothing.

Hey if you want to buy it now and wire me the funds through Western Union...

4. sigamy macrumors 65816

You might get a bit more on the lowendmac.com Swap list. You'll have to join the list but if you buy/sell Mac stuff it is a great list.

Back in Jan, after everyone got iLife 05, iLife 04 was selling for around $25. Prices may have dropped though. And just remember that you need to sell both the install CD and DVD. Some people were trying to break up the set.

5. reykjavik macrumors 6502

There is something in american copyright law called the right of first sale. It allows the person who purchased the copyrighted material to do what they want with it (make a looong story short), that includes destroying it, sticking it up their petoot, or in your case selling it. There are "moral rights" that are, unless contractually divested, still retained by the copyright owner, but in your case selling it does not infringe those rights. So go ahead, sell it, you can now pay the rent!

6. DavidLeblond thread starter macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Don't I wish. ;)

7. Bear macrumors G3

Old CDs and DVDs make great frisbees. Or you could hang them from the ceiling and kinda make a disco ball out of them.

8. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I sold my iLife 04 for about $25 Cdn a month ago (technically before I bought iLife 05... ssssh) - but for other junk CD's, I am covering one wall in my room with old CD's -- generally AOL CDs but I also include coasters and other similar junk CD's. My only rule is that each CD can only go up there once, so no two are alike.

9. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

DavidLeblond, I see your local. and you might want to put up a few adds at the local college. I know a few around my area don't have software titles at their bookstores, it wouldn't hurt ;)