What to do with iPod

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AoWolf, Jul 15, 2004.

1. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Ok heres the deal I know new ipods are coming soon I really want to get one. The problem is I have a 30 gb in decent shape. I have a belikin (I know I should have got an itrip but it was on sale for $15. I also have a case should I sell it on ebay? Yes I love it but I would love a new one even better lol. What do you all think and by the way what should I ask for it?

2. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Personally I think that spending money to replace a fully functioning device (no matter what it might be) just because there is a new version out or coming out is a great way to deplete your bank account of funds that could be better spent elsewhere. I mean, unless the next iPods have some features you find absolutley fantastic and necessary, that you'll actually a lot of use of, whats wrong with your current one. Of course, I'm sitll on my 5 year old iMac and planning to keep it running a couple more years at least, and I plan to keep my 8 year old car running until its at least 10 or 12, probably longer, purely because I'd rather save the money and they are doing just fine. Its a matter of priorities. Nothing wrong with wanting the newest one, but make sure you wouldn't rather spend that money elsewhere.

Just my 2 cents.

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

If you are selling, make sure that you get it online and sold before the new ones are announced. Once Apple lets out the new ones, the older generation loses resale value FAST!