What to expect from Applestore w/ my MB hinge

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by worldwearyeyes, Dec 9, 2006.

1. worldwearyeyes macrumors regular

Mar 15, 2005
    My MB has an incredibly annoying creak/squeek in my hinge when I open and close, or even move the MB around. I noticed that the two parts of the laptop are slightly misaligned. So I want to take it into the store. Has anyone else had my experience, and if so, what did Apple do? Any help is appreciated, as I don't want to waste time going to the Applestore. Cheers....
  2. Adam552 macrumors 6502

May 30, 2006
    Liverpool, UK.
    Yea I dropped it on the floor and it kept catching when opening/closing it. Gave it to them, they took a few days to repair it and it was all fixed. :D
  3. fabian9 macrumors 65816

Nov 28, 2007
    Bristol, UK
    Is it still covered by AppleCare? They'll most likely fix it for you as a creak/squeak is definitely not normal behaviour!
  4. JohnnyChao macrumors member

Jun 1, 2012
    alot of macbooks make noises when opening and closing the lid. over time it goes away
  5. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

May 6, 2012
    Spaceball One
    True. Especially in a colder environment and not much use in a while. Happens here in the winder sometimes... Never stuck though.
  6. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Oct 28, 2006
    Alice, TX
    My 2006 MacBook was always misaligned and they would never repair it. Even when I asked about it. What made me even more upset is that they replaced the top case and bezel loads of times, even after AppleCare ran out. You would think they could adjust it or something while it was open.

I hope I can hurry and sell it. That's the only thing that bugs me about it :(.