What to get for Final Cut Pro 5?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rdhmario3suit, Nov 11, 2006.

1. rdhmario3suit macrumors member

Nov 15, 2005
    I need to learn final cut pro 5...I'm starting out in film classes so I need to learn how to use it. I have a copy of the software....but my Macbook's crappy video card hardly runs it.

I can probably wait till about January to get a new computer. I can only spend a few hundred + whatever I can get for the Macbook (non- core2duo) on eBay.

I'm looking at getting an iMac, but the video cards on those aren't that powerful (128 X1600's ... which were good for PCs like 2 years ago...)

so what do you guys suggest for final cut pro 5. Like where I can do anything with it without having major problems (doesn't have to be the BEST solution for it, but I should be able to do whatever without it crashing/not working..)

2. rdhmario3suit thread starter macrumors member

Nov 15, 2005
    well....ive used an ibook with FCP with the 32mb dedicated graphics which is probably an equivalent to the 64mb shared, so i don't know what the issue is.
    I know my ibook is SLOW but the graphics aren't terrible. But if you are getting into editting, it would be worth it to get a macbook pro. Better screen and a REAL graphics card if the macbook does cut it. Thats all i can suggest.