What to get for X-Mas?

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacAztec, Nov 24, 2002.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hi everyone. I never have a clue what to ask from people for xmas. I always ask for clothes, and maybe a few best buy gift cards. But my parents always get me one "big" gift. This usually ranges around 300 bucks.

I dont know what to ask for. I was thinking an eyeTV, but I realized there is no point in having one for me. iPod? Well, I dont drive, and I can't listen to em at school....

What do you guys think? They won't get me a new computer, but these are my computer specs...

G4 400 w/768MB RAM, Radeon Mac Edition(AGP), 80GB IBM HD, Logitech 2 piece speakers, ViewSonic 17in FlatScreen.

The only thing I could think of is a processor upgrade, but hell, I would rather save the 400 dollars and wait till Im going to buy a computer!

Any ideas from you people? Last year, my parents had no clue, so they got me one of those phat telescopes that you can hook up to a computer, and track stars and stuff down. I didn't really want it so i just took it back and gave the money to my dad.

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Is getting just the money an option? In your case it sounds like just getting some money to put into savings would be ideal.

3. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Yea

It would, but my parents think that is too boring. I dont know why, that would be great though.

See, I have 2 savings accounts. One is in stock, in which I have about 1500 dollars in Cisco, I bought it at 16, so I am only down about 150 dollars at the moment. The other, well, when my parents got divorced, my mom took my other one. She says she will give it back to me when I am 18, but screw that. That is one of the reasons I don't talk to her. I honestly think she spent the money. It was about 1300 dollars.

But yea, money would be cool. My bro wants bestbuy giftcards, so he can either get a Pioneer DVD burner, an iPod, or maybe some other comp. related things.