What to look for in a monitor?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by crowdaddy, Aug 7, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

What are the specs of a good quality monitor? I am in the market for a monitor, a 19 incher, for my new PB for school, but with all the specs listed I dunno what to tell what from what. The only concern for me would be that ghosting during games is unacceptable. So, that being said, what kind of monitor specs would suit my needs?

2. macrumors 601

eva01

Dell 2005FPW

3. macrumors regular

I agree....uses the same panel as the Apple 20" and with coupons is the best monitor money can buy.

4. macrumors regular

Totally. Dell 2005FPW. Best monitor I've ever owned..

-Colin

5. macrumors 6502

orijinal

2005fpw! cheapest (in terms of price) in its range, it's great!

couple it with a 12" powerbook and you're good to go.

6. macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Gots to be the Dell, no other monitor touches it in terms of what you are getting for the money.....get it and you definatly won't regret it!!!

ShadoW :)

7. macrumors G3

puckhead193

or you can get an apple 20/23/30" ;)

8. macrumors 68020

ham_man

Either the Dell 2005FPW or the other Dell (model is slipping my mind - 1905 maybe?) 19 inch 4:3 ratio display. Hate to say it, but you can really not go wrong with a Dell in this situation...

9. macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

I got the latter. Really hooked up nicely to my 12". Best part is I place my Powerbook in clamshell mode right on top of the foot of the monitor and I have tons of desk space. Best part though, is VGA and DVI, so I hooked up my desktop and laptop simultaneously and switch back with 5 flicks of buttons(Its sure isn't 1 button easy, but close enough). :p