What TV should I get for a 360 or Wii?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ieani, Nov 2, 2006.

1. ieani macrumors 6502a

Jan 3, 2006
    the states for now
    Typically my days at college are spent either studying, eating, sleeping or partying. However, I had a wake up call with my partying involving police, paramedics and me in a lot of trouble. So Im curbing my partying and looking for some activities to keep me busy. I already run marathons and get good grades so I was looking into getting back into console gaming. But I dont have an HDTV, in fact I dont have a TV at all. I watch my shows (Lost, House, etc) the day after via torrents with my mac. I live in a dorm so due to that and cost I was looking for something in the 20"-23'" range. Anyone have any recommendations or ideas? Is an HDTV even necessary?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    If you can get an EDTV. It runs 480p which the Wii and 360 do. But as you said you're a student so you're probably after the cheapest which more or less marks a full HDTV out for now.
    A nice 20" Plasma/LCD EDTV and you'd probably be happy. Friend of mine just sold his 20" 720p TV for £250 so they're still very expensive, even 2nd hand.
  3. bowens macrumors 6502a

Jun 19, 2006
    Trenton, FL
    Best Buy has some HDTVs for little over $500. I found this Samsung with a quick search. It's a 27". I have a Samsung 26" HDTV and I love it.
  4. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

Jul 6, 2006
    Fenton, MO
    I bought this tv a few months ago and its unbelievable how great it is.