What Type of Batteries?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Kalinatek, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Kalinatek macrumors regular

Aug 29, 2005
    ok so i got the BT Apple Mouse n Keyboard , i've been using the Energizer Lithium batteries that came with them , after a month the batteries in the mouse died but the keyboard still has like 60-70% left .

i got some normal Energizer max batteries yesterday , but toady they went down to like 80% ?? hmm

so do u use rechargable ones? coz the lithium r expensive i get them for like 5$ a pair !

2. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

Mar 8, 2004
    How far away do you sit to where a wireless keyboard is utilized? I like having the USB ports on my wired keyboard. Or are you going for the "no-strings" look?

As far as batteries go, I use the Copper Top, they seem to always go the distance. When I am traveling I notice my girlfriend seems to go through batteries quite a bit, she must have some "items" that use mutiple batteries.

You know what a funny gimmick was on batteries? Those silly battery meters... blah...
  3. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

I use rechargeable NiMH Batteries in my BT mouse and Keyboard, I have Olympus batteries for my mouse which last about 1-2 weeks per charge.( The mouse is almost always on) I use Energizer Rechargeable batteries in my KB and they have yet to be recharged, that is over 2 months. I would highly recommend investing in rechargeable batteries, they will pay for themselves in 2 months.
  4. Kalinatek thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 29, 2005
    my imac is like 20 cm away from my BT keyboard n mouse .. but i think i read somewhere that i shouldnt use rechargble batts with my mouse n keyboard ? hmm
  5. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    I'm really interested because I just got the Apple BT mouse not too long ago and am thinking of going this route but I know nothing about rechargeable batteries... think you could point me in the right direction?
  6. widgetguy macrumors regular

Apr 17, 2005
    try recharable ones, i use them and they last much long than you regular store one and also photo series AA aare great too they have great charges to them but cost a little more