What type of cell phone do you all like?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Timepass, Aug 12, 2006.

?

Why type of cell

1. Candy-bar

27 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. Flip phone

37 vote(s)
    49.3%
  3. Slider

7 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. Other (please spec

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Timepass macrumors 65816

After seeing all the threads on iPhone and seeing how people want a candy bar, flip or slider I just wondering what type everyone likes and why.

For me it is flip phones all the way. Reason for it is because when the phone is not in use the keypad is covered (no chance of being press in the pocket). also when using it the phone size is that close to a full size phone (mic closer to mouth and ear piece on the ear) and it curves a little along the face. When not in use the phone is smaller and fits in my pocket.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

My first was a candy-bar style phone but after 3 flip phones I much prefer them although I don't like the battery life much.

3. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

My first two phones were candy bar (the first was a candy bar because the flips available were too girly), then I tried a flip. I've gone back to the candy bar, but in the end, style is less important to me than functionality....

4. iGary Guest

iGary

5. irain macrumors regular

irain

I said "other." This is because I like the design of the Sidekick. I've had the Sidekick I, II, and III. They're all extremely comfortable to talk into, and they have a hidden keyboard which is a big plus.

6. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Hmm...thats odd. Would that even be considered a flip phone? I mean, it does have a flip but the screen is on the bottom part.

I prefer flip phones, but then again that's the only kind I ever owned.

7. iGary Guest

iGary

It's the original!

I miss that phone. It rocked.

I hate my Treo. Hate hate hate.

8. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Same here. I currently carry with me a Sidekick 3 and MDA Vario.

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Yes, indeed. The Star Tac is the earliest and best and the flip phones. I should still be using mine.

10. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

I have a candy bar right now. I like it. everybody thinks you might call someone but i have it set to automatic lock. and its easier to ignore a call. (which nice when you dont want to talk to someone.)

11. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

I'll take your treo. ;)

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Last phone was a candy bar now i'm sporting a flip for the time being....nice and small like.

Bless

13. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Flip phone. Because, when it's in your poket it does not press buttons. I know you can put them on hold, but it's just a pain.

EDIT: 500th post!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAH>!!

14. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

My first ever phone was a flip phone. Then I've had a lot of candy bars. Now I've, finally, gone back to a flip phone. Ahhh... bliss... :)

[​IMG]

I'm very, very happy with my SE Z520i... :cool:

15. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Not true when you have an mp3 phone. See the three buttons below the screen? Yeah. :eek:

Attached Files:

16. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I really don't like how flip phones look. That's probably the main reason I like candy bar phones better. Plus I can't really describe the other things I like about candy bar phones. They just feel right, in a way.

But my main beef with flip phones is how they look. Most are rounded and clunky and don't look classy at all. The only flip phone I've seen that looks good is the Razr since it looks nice and sleek, well designed, one piece. But I'd never get one due to all the bad things I've heard about them.

Anyone else think that flip phones are terribly ugly?

17. ToddW macrumors 6502a

my treo 650 i don't think i could do anything without it.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I started out with a candy bar, then another candy bar, then a flip. Now I'm back to candy bars and wouldn't have it any other way.

19. CompUser Guest

My dad was a huge startac fan. He had his for 6 years until it finally crapped out. Then he got a new motorola flip phone and it wasn't the same and he did not like it much. Now he has a blackberry.

I prefer flip phones, just cause I think the screen would get damaged much more easily if there was no protection like with a slider and candy bar phone.

20. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

A small candy bar phone is my cup of tea... ::nods head::

21. Timepass thread starter macrumors 65816

hmm never had that problem. On all my flip phones I just had to hit one of the side buttons to turn off the ringer and ignore the call. And as long as it has an external display I know who is calling (besides the only ones I even think about getting have an external LCD)

22. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

My first phone was a Nokia 5100 series phone but, it was a pre-paid plan and I hardly used it at all. The year after I had that my parents go a new cell phone plan and I was able to get a phone. The brand-new Nokia N-Gage QD came out, so that was the free phone I got with my plan. I know everyone has their comments about the original N-Gage but, the QD is actually a pretty nice phone. The only thing it lacks from today's phones are a camera.

It has a MMC (like SD) card slot, you can record phone convos, watch videos, view images, take notes, it's a pretty good little device. I still use it today but, it's starting to show it's age a bit and I would like a phone with a camera in it. I was looking at the new Motorola RAZR V3i (SD card slot + camera) but, with all this talk about an iPhone I think I'll wait a bit. But, until then I'll still use my N-Gage QD, it's a bit scuffed up but, the battery still works great and it works fine. :)

Attached Files:

23. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

My first phone was a candy bar...a big ass candy bar.

My next two phones were flip phones, and I think I prefer that style...Much like was already stated I like the fact that when the phone is in your pocket, the buttons are covered as well as the main screen.

Plus I have always had that same fascination as I did when I was young and watching the Enterprise crew using their communicators on Star Trek. :D

24. Timepass thread starter macrumors 65816

lol you not the only one who had that fascination.
    my first phone was just some square sony phone (pretty cool over all but it died). and my 2nd was a candy bar phone. I just never liked the candy bar phones because they just never seamed to fit in my pocket it very well.

Moved to flip and since then I have never looked back and I always wonder why people like the candy bar phones so much. it just has never made sence to me.