What type of cell phone do you use?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Backtothemac, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I am currently on a LG VX6000 Camera phone. Overall, I am blown away by the phone. Clarity, battery life, everything is wonderful, especially the menu system.

What do you all use? I know Verizon is CDMA, but their data network is fast as poop :) (little prop for Eye)

2. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    a crappy ericsson that my wife got for free on her business plan.

horrible battery life and reception.

i see a hammer durability test in it's near future.;)

3. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

HA! That is funny.
    You need a new one. Who do you have serivce with?

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

motorola T720. i am not amused. will be a sony ericsson T616 shortly, hoping to have better luck there...

pnw

5. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Yea, I am not a huge fan of the T-720. The 730 seems to fix some of the software problems. But, all in all I hate the menu system on them. LG phones are really good about menus.

6. leet1 macrumors 6502

anyone tried the nokia 3595 with t-mobile?

Its the one Ill probably be getting this christmas.

7. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I'm currently on my 3rd Motorola V60i. I love the phone, but it always craps out after six months. No problem though, as Verizon is always happy to give me a new one. I'm still waiting on a bluetooth CDMA phone though.....waiting.....:rolleyes:

8. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    cingular...i swear they only hire people who are too unethical to be used car salesmen.

and yes, a new phone is in my immediate future. i don't really care for any bells and whistles...heck, i don't even like cell phones. i'd just like one that keeps a charge and doesn't see los angeles as a giant dead spot so i can complete my one phone call a week.

technology is driving me over the edge...;)

9. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

that's my problem too... this is my first color phone, so i assumed that the crappy menus (speed, most notably lacking) were an aspect of the color... then i tried a friend's phone, and it was zippy... you can grab a number from the address book in less than 15 seconds. huh.

verizon's freeup disabled all of the redeeming good features.

pnw

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'm using a Motorola Star Tac on Sprint PCS.

I've had it three years and it's been great. I have a replacement battery but the original hasn't given out yet. I've dropped the phone several times, as the clip has gotten weaker, so the antenna is slightly bent and the case around it fractured, but it's still wonderful.

I suppose they're going to call one day and say "Would you like a new phone? We're pulling the plug on that one."

11. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Cell phones? BAH!!

My phone might not have the range, but it has the clarity. And one kick ass ring-tone. It lights up and plays the imperial march and Vader's breathing when it rings! To bad, I've been too busy to actually clean the poor guy.

Attached Files:

12. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Nokia 3650...

Camera, Bluetooth, 8 seconds video recorder and voice recorder.... the best is I do the ring melodies myself, no those crappy midi files, but really better wav files with real songs...;)

13. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

A beat up old LG 800W, CDMA phone. Has fallen out on MTB trails many a time and still kicks on.
    (mine doesn't have the longlife battery)

Attached Files:

14. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

a sanyo with the built-in camera feature...not quite sure what the model is, since the box is back home and not here with me at school.

15. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

A SonyEricsson T610, and I love it! Also a Nokia 8910, very smart to, gotta love titanium ;)

16. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

Nokia 3510i

Just got it recently, It's a vast improvement over the ancient Philips phone I had. The battery on that thing was wasted, couldn't talk for longer than 20 mins on full charge!!

Pretty pleased with my new phone, I like being able to write my own polyphonic ringtones as midifiles and then uploading them via GPRS from my website.

The thing that's bugging me right now is the way I can't use my mac as a server for anything other than jpegs even though the MIME types are setup properly. There's lots of Java games out there in zip files that can't be uploaded without having the seperate .jar and .jad files. It would be nice to be able save a midi file I'm working on in a shared directory and keep uploading it to my phone straight from my hard drive but that doesn't work either.

17. iGav macrumors G3

Sony Ericsson T610 on Orange, I like the way you can use it as a remote control for iTunes.... ;) :D

Next purchase will be the Sony Ericsson P900, Sony Ericsson are the bomb! ;)

http://www.sonyericsson.com/p900/

18. King Cobra macrumors 603

Wow. So many negative views about the Motorola T720 (what I have), and they still keep coming. [​IMG]

Here's a problem: We [my parents and I] have nearly nonexistant cell phone service where we live, so we can't use our phones for about 10 minutes driving away from the house. Send a letter to some of the bastard tourists up here, who complain that an antenna will take away the view (a view of trees and Route 93/302). [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

After seeing yours at the Bar With No Name Gav, I went and got one, had to dance a little with Orange, but they ended up giving me a better deal and £5 back on my odl phone! Gotta love the open market.

Its a good little phone, I've said before that the camera aint all that, but it's a phone, not a camera. Bluetooth implementation alone is worth the price of admission.

My mate has a P800, it crashed on him yesterday morning, the screen said "Fomatting Hard Drive" and that was all she wrote...:eek: :mad:

Everything gone, numbers, photos, ringtones, games, even the internet access had to be set up again.

I am currently beating him with a large stick marked "Backup":D

Sony Erricson T610, yeah baby...:p :p

20. iGav macrumors G3

bet you can kick my arse at Qbert as well!! :eek: :p :p

Just incase people that have a BlueTooth Sony Ericsson but don't realise,
    your Sony Ericsson also has the ability to remote control your Mac (iTunes etc etc) then click below for more info, I think this is the coolest! ;)

http://homepage.mac.com/jonassalling/Shareware/Clicker/index.html

21. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Re: What type of cell phone do you use?

heh.

I am currently using QWEST, and unfortunately they only work out to the Dakotas, then their network cuts off :( I can place calls TO anywhere, but not from anywhere :(.

Anyway I currently own a Motorola V60i, which has just about the slickest design, and the worst button layout, but a contract is a contract ;)

The phone: [​IMG]

22. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

SonyEricsson t68i

It's great at dropping calls, and getting poor reception when it says it has full service. Service it through Tmobile which could be the problem. Bluetooth is awesome.. especially with SallingClicker.

I do want to upgrade to the t610/t616... although the p900 looks awesome!

23. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

aha! so it's not just mine! overall, it's a great phone -- nothing too fancy, but it's got great sound quality and amazing battery life, and i don't think it's ever dropped a call. but every 6 months like clockwork something goes teats-up and i have to have it replaced.

24. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I ordered a t722i to use with tMobile right nwo I have a cheap smasung phone that came free. In the areas I work out of I really like the GSM service.

25. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Handspring Treo 300 w/Sprint service.

Cellphone
    Palm PDA
    Built-in Keyboard
    Email & web

Oh baby!