What USB Bluetooth adapter are have you bought? Are there any "Mac friendly" ones?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by thabridawg, Jul 17, 2005.

1. thabridawg macrumors member

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm planning on getting a Bluetooth phone, what USB adapters are you guys using that don't have it built in?

Are there any "Mac" ones? In terms of appearance/compatibility?

I'm looking at the Linksys and D-Link ones cause I can't seem to find any Mac-ish ones.
  2. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Dec 11, 2004
    A friend bought the Belkin adapter - works flawlessly with his iBook and it's a bit cheaper than the D-Link.
  3. tangerineyum macrumors 6502

Feb 16, 2005
    Ontario, CA
    I bought a D link a while back and use it with my v551 and Apple wireless mouse. The mouse is a bit finicky, but the phone is perfect.

I would say the D link is tough too, i Accidently ran it through the washing machine because i had forgotten it in my front shirt pocket. Found it at the bottom of the washing machine, dried it off as best i could and plugged it into a usb hub(to protect my ibook's ports) and it flickered twice, then worked perfectly ever since. Some 2 months later everything is fine.
  4. Cuckoo macrumors 6502

May 2, 2003
    The Netherlands - Utrecht
    I've bought a belkin, works flawlessly with my phone, but didn't work so good for my wireless keyboard and mouse.

first problem was a flaky performance of the mouse. Second the keyboard would lose connection without reason, and third, i couldn't use keyboard/mouse to wake up the computer.
  5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Used to have a cheap Keyspan dongle that I was very happy with, but after a couple of years that broke and now I bought an even cheaper Billionton which actually works even better. :)
  6. ToddW macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2004
    i bought a generic one from compusa and works great with apple bluetooth keyboard, v551, and logitech bluetooth mouse
  7. Switzermac macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2005
  8. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    I bought an iogear one, works with my moto 551 (only BT device I have)
  9. The Reg macrumors newbie

Jul 17, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    When I owned my first iBook, i bought a D-Link from the Apple Store...it worked with my Palm and my cell phone perfectly.