What USB Mixer should I get?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by xxmuhahahahahxx, Oct 22, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Lately I've been looking at recording some things from my guitar to my computer. I've done it before, but it's always been Guitar>Pedal>Amp>Audio Input and it always sounds so quiet.

I was searching for some low-budget mixers, and found a couple I liked.
    Tapco Mix5.0
    Behringer Xenyx 502

The reason I picked these two were because they were cheap and looked pretty decent. I've seen the Tapco used before and it seems fine for what I need. I also know that Behringer has a good name towards all their mixers.

I don't need anything big, because I'm only going to be using one channel at a time, two maybe on a small occasion. Does anyone have any opinions on what i should get?

2. macrumors 68040

Killyp

Alesis make some good little USB mixers. Their FireWire ones are better, although you'll need a Mac with FireWire (cough cough Apple).

Don't know where you got that from. :p

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well my guitar teacher uses the tapco thing and He likes it, and my friend who records a fair bit said that he liked behringers a lot

4. macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Behringer is preferred among people with a bass. Tapco is good, but my vote for the reasonably priced one would be for the Alesis Multimix or iMultimix.