What VC games are you guys buying that are out now?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ddrueckhammer, Dec 21, 2006.

1. macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

I've seen the threads about how lame the VC is but I really don't think its too bad. Personally, I'm thinking about buying:

The Legend of Zelda
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Super Mario 64
    Gunstar Heroes
    and Super Mario Brothers

Thats like $36 already and it hasn't even been out a month...That said, I can't wait for some some game like Punch Out! and Ocarina or Time come out...! Also, like others have said I would like to see some of these titles with higher res and widescreen options but I can live without it...

2. macrumors 601

gloss

I've picked up Bomberman 93 thus far. I've got another 1400 points waiting to be spent.

3. Guest

Sky Blue

Yup me too. I'm going to get Super Mario Bros and Castlevania IV when they're out on Monday.

4. macrumors 68040

tobefirst

My roommate has purchased Donkey Kong, Bomberman '93, and (just yesterday) Ice Hockey for my Wii. :) I'll be getting a classic controller for, or after, Christmas, and will probably buy Super Mario 64.

5. macrumors 601

gloss

For the record, I would kill for them to add online multiplayer to Bomberman 93.

6. macrumors 604

zap2

Well I bought Bonk, Mario 64, Sonic, Donkey Kong, Super Star Soilder and Solomon's Key. I'm planning on buying DK jr, Super Mario Brothers and one of the 2D Genesis advanture games(I forget its name and I'm not going to look it up)

7. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Agreed.

At least with xbox live arcade they added those kind of things to the original games, as well as an online scoreboard comparing your score to your friends.

I dont think it's alot to ask nintendo to do a little more to justify the $10/$8 asking price.

8. macrumors 68040

tobefirst

OH! I will definitely pick up Toe Jam and Earl when it is out, too. That game was soooo fun!

9. macrumors 68030

risc

Virtual Console games I currently have:

Columns - MegaDrive (Genesis)
    Gunstar Heroes - MegaDrive
    The Legend of Zelda - NES
    Super Mario 64 - Nintendo 64
    Alien Crush - TG16
    Bomberman 93 - TG16
    Super Star Soldier - TG16

edit: (added)

Sonic (MegaDrive)
    R-TYPE (TG16)
    Super Mario Bros (NES)

10. macrumors member

smitty330

I bought Gunstar Heros, and I like it alot is is kinda like Contra. Anyone remember contra?? They need to release ninja turtles which was on Snes (it could have been on sega I dont know exactly). That was my childhood! growing up playing that game it was good stuff.

-Matthew

11. macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

I think they are overpriced, so I won't be buying any. Maybe if they were retooled to make use of the Wiimote it would be worth it.

12. macrumors 68020

e²Studios

How is sonic?

Christmas day we are getting SMB along with a few other nice VC games. I made a post about it here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=262646

I currently have Mario Bros. & Bonk, ive about cleared bonk but Mario Bros lost my interest pretty fast.

They need more N64 games :(

Ed

13. macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Ghouls n' Ghosts please.

<]=)

14. Guest

Sky Blue

Playing through Castlevania IV right now...love it!

Got my free Wii points in the mail today.

15. macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

legend of zelda definitely, know your roots kids!

16. macrumors Core

Dagless

I've cancelled my order of Wii Play (mostly bought for the extra controller) so I'll be splurging on retro games tonight. R-Type, Super Mario Bros and Sonic are definite buys.

17. macrumors 601

Yvan256

"Free Wii points"? What? :confused:

18. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah I noticed that and dashed over to the nintendo website to see if there was anything I was missing. Sadly i wasnt :(

19. Guest

Sky Blue

20. macrumors 68020

atszyman

I think my wife would rather I spend $20 than sign up for a trial membership to a dating service...

21. macrumors demi-god

Spanky Deluxe

Wii Play is really disappointing actually so you're not losing out there.

I've only got Mario 64 and I only got that to tie me over in the week I had to wait between getting my Wii and getting Zelda.

22. macrumors 68020

I haven't bought anything. Wondering about what games to actually buy (and figuring out how to get some funds...).

I'm wondering if I should get Gunstar Heroes or Mario 64...

I missed the N64/PSX days, so Mario 64 wouldn't be bad. And I can't find the GBA version of Super Gunstar Heroes... I may get Super Mario Bros. somewhere down the line for real old school nostalgia although I have the Super Nintendo Mario All Stars. I feel like I should wait for some better games. And there's still a need for some better SD support before my VC library gets too big.

I'm also still waiting for VC to support online multiplayer. It should be quite feasible. Since VC is an emulator, just add NetPlay-style code from your Mac and PC emulators and have a separate online service to match up players based on the games they have or friend codes and such.

23. macrumors 68030

risc

Picked up Sonic (MD/Gen), R-TYPE (TG16), and Super Mario Bros (NES) recently. This brings my total to 10.

It's funny how quickly you remember the old games. I was playing Super Mario Bros for less than 20 minutes before I had remembered how to warp to the 8th world. I also find it amazing how all these years later it's still 1 of the best platform games ever! GREAT GAME!!!!

24. macrumors 68020

I broke and got Super Mario Bros.

Wish I had 300 more points for F-Zero now...

25. macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

So far all I've bought is Super Mario Bros. I'm holding out for some good SNES and N64 games. Here's hoping that Monday brings some good ones! :)