iPad What version of iOS do refurbished iPads ship with?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by giraffeboy27, Jan 5, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a refurbished iPad 3. What software do you think it will come with? Do they normally come with the latest, or the origonal version it debuted with?

Sorry if its a silly thing to ask :) Just seeing if i could jailbreak it ;)

2. macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

I'm thinking ios 6 since they do have to test it so that it's in good condition, and I think the just update it through the repairing process

3. macrumors newbie

My iPad 2 3G I got for Christmas came with 6.0. Boo.

4. macrumors 6502

.... And my Verizon refurbished 3 3G came from Apple last week w/ 5.01. Kind of tells me it was leftover new instead of refurbished in spite of the label.

5. macrumors member

I recently had to replace my smashed iPad 3 with 2 "brown" box versions. The first came with 5.0.1 but had a scratch on the screen so they gave me another "brown" box replacement. The second one (still have it) came with 6.0.1. I'm assuming it all depends on how long they sit around in the back waiting to be adopted.

6. TPadden, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013

macrumors 6502

Hard to tell what your "brown" means; if it just means refurbished or means brown box.

My refurbished 3 came in a "white" box, just like a new one, with a little, itty bitty "refurbished" sticker on the "white" box. :)

Just went and looked at it and it's actually printed on the white box ......