What was that ONE thing you wanted SOOOOOO bad?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by G5Unit, Nov 6, 2005.

1. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Was there ever something you wanted so incredibly bad. I'm not talking about that must have game or something like it. Where you were just so into and lovedit so much.

For me, I would have to say the 1st gen 5gb iPod when I was in 5th grade. I wanted it so bad.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

i wanted a 60inch screen tv when i was sixteen.....but then i saw a girl and i changed my mine to a car

Bless

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Bextra.

The king of all arthritis medications

but NOOOOOOO it has be to off the market!

ANGER!

/no, mobic is bad, too
    //takes 6 baby aspirin every day
    ///I hate you, hands!

4. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

N64 back in '96. Oh yeah, best console ever made. Still play it sometimes :cool:

BTW, I wanted it for about 3 months before I actually got it... Man that was one of the worst 3 months ever!

5. Cfg5 macrumors regular

There's a better medication on the market

6. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Ha! You Ever try waiting 6 months for a Graphics Card? 8 months for an iPod? 1 year for a Gameboy? 3 years for an N64? 6 years for a Computer?

7. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Hmm... Probably some kind of videogame system. Game Gear, which I never got (and I'm glad I didn't), Gameboy Pocket which I got and still cherish. Umm... Turntables, which I eventually got, but then I never used them :rolleyes: and I just recently sold. A Mac and iPod, you know how that turned out :D

8. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Well, to be fair, I didn't actually get it 'till my birthday (Which happened to be 3 months away :eek:)

9. mrdeep macrumors member

10. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

MINI cooper S... I wanted it while it was still in its concept stages (the BMW one), I did not want it 'after watching Italian Job.' :rolleyes: Waited about 4 years... should have had to wait another year but I was very very lucky and my parents were willing to shell out more $$$ to get what was in stock/on the lot versus having me customize a cheaper one that would have had a wait time of over a year.

:edit: Ooh ooh ooh! How could I have forgotten? I always wanted my own horse. :eek: :D

11. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

12. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

prob my 3g ipod... that's when no one really knew about the ipod and when u did have it, it was something differnent or my PB, its my first new computer of my own :eek:

13. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

grade school years...i wanted long hair, and i was never allowed that as a kid

middle school...i wanted a girlfriend

high school...more than one girlfriend, he he

adulthood...a master's degree in anything...i ended up spending so much money in different subjects i never ended up making my mind but i took a lot of classes in law, business, and computer science...ugg, and i could have bought a few great mac setups in that period of time :)

14. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

That might be worse than the arthritis.

15. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Haaaaaa
    Haaaaaa.

/no
    //is clean
    ///I love Bextra. it let me play viola

I experienced none of those the 2 months I was on it.
    It was awesome.
    I could actually... play viola.

*sniff*

16. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Lonely, I'm so lonely, I have no money.

17. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

very true

and even if i had all the money in the world, i would be completely clueless as to how to treat/date a girl in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade :)

luckily, for me, i didn't have a girlfriend in junior high...it would basically be too much for poor ole me

i did have a girlfriend when i was a junior in high school...she was really pretty but i had the advantage of being an upperclassman while she was a freshman...but when she realized she was hot, i am sure she would have easily dumped me and picked up a hunk or something

i was not confident to date someone my age until my mid 20s or so...but in a few years after that, i got into the older women like ashton k., he he ;)

18. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

My good old commodore c64 man I wanted that thing so bad I think I waited almost a year to get one. (Or maybe it took me a year to convince my parents to get me one. I can't remember cause that was almost 20 years ago)

and now I'm wanting that Intel PowerBook really really bad.

19. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

right now i'm really wanting an slr camera...i was gonna get a pseudo-slr this summer (made a thread about it) but the money never materialized...now considering film or digital or w/e :rolleyes:
    and a girlfriend :eek:

20. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

When I was little I wanted to learn to play guitar. My mom always told me no, because my dad's a musician, and a bum. She finally caved and let me. I still play today, and I love it. I couldn't imagine life without it.

21. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    a synthisizer...either a minimoog or an arp 2600. Finally bought a beautiful minimoog model D for $1000.00 in 1977.

wish I still had it.:(

22. devman macrumors 65816

devman

Hmmm, I could put quite a few ONE things on this list... ;)

When I was younger, it was a Les Paul Gibson Standard. Took a few years to get one.

23. lem0n macrumors regular

lem0n

Chanel... I want to be the head designer for Chanel... :rolleyes:

24. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

A few things.

1, SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System) With Street Fighter 2 Turbo. I got it in the end, best Christmas pressie i ever got to this day.

Currently

2, Quad PM with 4gb ram, 1x500gb internal, 36gb internal raptor, External 500gb, BT Keyboard and Mouse, 30 inch ACD. (Getting soonish)

3, Canon EOS 1Ds MarkII. (Getting soonish)