Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xboxer75010

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2006
Carrollton, TX
I have a Chemistry class that I am struggling with right now, teacher came back to teaching after taking a leave and she takes everything very slow which would be OK if it was not a 4 week course. :(

thechidz

macrumors 68000
Jul 25, 2007
New York City
I always found quantitative courses like Organic Chem and Physics easy, can't say why. The toughest course I took in college was an advanced level music theory course called "Schenkerian Analysis" based on the writings of Heinrich Schenker. I took a course at Columbia on Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason" which was pretty tough too. That was a summer course so I think they went easy on us.

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
Intro to women's studies.

I had to take it to meet my breadth requirement and there were no other courses to take.

It was soooo freaking hard to think like the femnazi instructors and classmates.

rewriting history to make women the heroes and viewing everything from womens perspective while completely ignoring the women who have contributed throughout history.

It was very anti-male. and the shocked looks I got from my classmates when I pointed out just because I am female does not mean I agree with the feminist viewpoint.

argh still traumatized over it years later.

idyll

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Man... I feel like all the classes were of the same "difficulty", which was either none or very very low... Only thing the classes were is time consuming. I would not say any one of them was tougher than the rest.

coupdetat

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
I hate electromagnetism so much! I got the lowest grade ever in my life to that subject.

E&M is tough, but it's not bad if you totally ignore your intuition and just treat every problem like an abstract math problem (just use cross products, etc). I did terrible in that class until I started working like that. And..yeah..spending a lot of time in office hours. U of I had this nice online problem set system though, where it would walk you through some of the hardest questions which was really helpful.

r1ch4rd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2005
Manchester UK
I did a couple of particularly tough computer language courses at University. This was learning about semantics, mathematical languages, making compilers etc, not just learning C or Java.

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Astronomy, which was Physics 421. I got an A in the lab, but a D in the classroom. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.