What was wrong with this thread?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by skoker, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

Could someone explain why this

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=184979

thread was sent to the wasteland? I read through it and to me it just looked like people talking about cell phones and then edesignuk getting frustrated.

I've been wrong (Doctor Q knows) before.

Thanks in advance for the explainations.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

If it's quite clear that it is me that has wastelanded it, then why don't you just ask me in private? :rolleyes: Does it even matter, or are you just 'out to get me'?

meh.

3. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

it was a rather pointless thread. Ohh let's all show pictures of our cell phones from the manufacturs website...hmm that's too much work. I'll just post a link.

There wasn't even a discussion taking place, just people showing off what their phones look like, I've heard 15 year old girls at the mall have more in depth conversations.

4. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I'm not sure, but I think he just got bored with the thread. I mean they were just posting pics of their phones straight from the manufacturers.

Wasn't there already a thread asking what phones people have?

5. skoker thread starter macrumors 68000

skoker

I guess the question is: Did it break a rule?

6. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Demi-God got bored.

Thread closed.

Dont like it? Tough? make a new thread? stop whinin?

does it matter? this isnt a free speech forum. nor was your thread that "great" that it warrants looking into WHY it got closed because even if you knew why, its not going to set a precedent for future thread closings or anything.

/moo

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Not sure why it was closed and don't really care either way myself but you probably should just contact either edesignuk and ask him why he closed it or contact one of the other mods if you think edesignuk was "abusing his powers"... tis in the forum rules near the end. :)

8. skoker thread starter macrumors 68000

skoker

It wasn't my thread, I didn't even post in it, I was just curious.

(I'm also trying to win flies with honey because I had typed a much worse responce to your un-informed (dumbass) comment.)

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

OK you obviously do want to handle this is public, so here is your explanation.

Wait, actually this pretty much covers it.
    Thread closures aren't ALWAYS about simple rule breaking. It's not that easy. I made a judgement call and deemed it totally pointless, so everyone and their mate posts nothing more than a link/picture from the manufacturers website, great. I think we can all get by without it. Well, most of us :rolleyes:

10. skoker thread starter macrumors 68000

skoker

It's not intended as a personal attack, I'm just wondering because I saw nothing wrong with it.

I see that you have averted answering the OP question though. ;)

EDIT: I got a half-assed responce above ^^

11. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Seems fully-assed to me. No discussion, just linked pictures of cell phones. Does that (or even THIS) need to be a thread on it's own?

12. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Half-assed? Despite there being absolutely no need for a public questioning on the wastelanding of a thread, I've answered you.

"not intended as a personal attack". yeah right. I would close this now as I have answered your question, but then I suppose you'll just post another one asking for a full blown explanation as to why this was closed.

13. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

i like honey, and fly honies.

dont have to be a jerk, damn man wtf, pull the sand out the vag.

14. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

All righty then I think it's time to close this thread. It's not getting anyone anywhere, everyone is just flaming each other.

15. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Why is there any reason to post photos of products that don't differ from the products the rest of us see? It seems even more wonderful (sarcasm intended) to see photos pulled from the manufacturer's or carrier's website.

Why bother?

16. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Just so it's clear - I'm closing this thread now that the original question has been answered and it's attracting spam.

Wouldn't want another thread asking why and then talking about partial versus full assed responses. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.