What will happen on March 24th?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by crassusad44, Mar 4, 2002.

1. crassusad44 macrumors 6502a

March 24th will mark the one year birhtday of Mac OS X, but what is happening on this day? I have not yet heard of any rumor of any special happenings... When was MW Tokyo again? Anyone?

2. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

ON that day

We will see MAC OS XI, plain and simple!

3. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

All the applications that should be out when the clock hits 12 will be released simulataneously, including all current classic OS music applications and anything else I use so frequently I'm going to be sticking with classic as my main OS for at least another year. An option to disable all transparency in the interface apart from window shadows will be added. The speed of the interface will be on par with OS 8.1 making it even faster than OS 9. Apple will personally give copies of it to anyone who hasn't used it yet and world peace will rein on earth.

Yeah, in my dreams (minus salma hayek*).

I bet we just get an update with a few of the missing mac os features, pop up windows etc...

* bad joke, I appolgise in advance.

4. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

5. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

All registered Mac owners will be shipped a new QpG5 iWidget.

With a note from Steve Jobs:

"TWIMC,

Sorry about the wait. You can config this however you want, we included all the modules for desktop or portable, several screens and OS X. You got everything you wanted now shut up and leave me alone.

-Steve"

6. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Probably a birthday sign on the hot news page on apple.com.

Ensign

7. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

A year later and I still convence that my OS9 still the best for the moment.

I have fine tune this system so well that OSX doesn't call my attention. I feel that OSX interface was made to call the attention for a new generation and I do not use unix even I know is a great language (I had use it before a bit).

So, OSX is not such big step in my case. I would change later after the G5 is out, not before. I want Apple to test that OS with every body else but me.

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

maybe we'll be granted the ability to scan in X without having to run Classic?

ha ha ha.... :p

9. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

os x with a g5 when that comes out is fine with me, even if i have to wait for a consumer level machine with a g5 in it (sometime in 2003, most likely...i will wait)

10. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter