What will happen to iOS 5 GM Release when iOS 5 will officially Launch..

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by MacKid1983, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors regular

MacKid1983

What will happen to iOS 5 GM release when iOS 5 will officially be launched today, I have installed iOS 5 GM release on my iPhone 4, from a download off the internet. it was an ispw file.

Will iTunes ask me again to install the update, can anyone help? :(

Also, the build on my iOS5 GM is (9A334) will this number be different on the "Official Launch version"? -I just don't want an issue on my phone if i need to bring it to Apple and they see that and ask questions.

2. macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Well only way to know is to click update on iTunes. Since iOS 5 just been out!

3. macrumors member

4. macrumors regular

MacKid1983

Thanks!

But yeah I want to know if the build number will change. Does anyone have an answer?

I have my iPhone connected to iTunes and I hit check for update and it says " 5.0 is the current version"

But I go to settings / general / software update on my iPhone and it says "unable to check for update" error occurred.... HMPH

5. macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Well like I said! why don't u try to click update, and see if it will do that!

6. macrumors member

ummm, that is also answered in that link, did you read the thread?

7. macrumors member

I'm also on ios5 beta 7 on iphone, check for updates, and it says current version.
    On iPad 2 it's now downloading new public ios5. How do I get the public version on the iphone

8. macrumors 68000

The build numbers are identical. The release today is the same as the GM release. They are exactly identical - you're all good! :cool:

9. macrumors member

I'm not good. I'm on beta 7 not GM

10. macrumors 6502

notjustgc

Does it detect the update? If not, use the direct links and shift-restore to the new IPSW.

11. macrumors 68000

Do an iCloud backup, restore to the GM build, and restore from backup.

Done!

12. macrumors member

Do you know the links to download the GM realise?

----------

Do you know the links to download the GM realise?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.