Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stw2186

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2012
Definitely like the idea of incorporating those "Waze" abilities to maps! :)

Auto-profiles; when I'm at work silence my ringer, when I'm at home charging (sleeping) turn on DND. When I'm driving route to hands free.

Maps; allow user to input hazards such as accidents or cops (aka waze), display speed limit, quick Siri mute, allow turn by turn to still work when I'm using Siri, more traffic resolution.

Smarten up and speed up Siri; I don't see why my frequent commands are waiting for a server response. When I say "call abc" I don't like that it waits 10 sec sometimes to fetch the command from the server when I call abc 5 times a day.

Find my friends suggestions based on all my contacts not just my iCloud contacts.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Give us 'clear all' please!!!

I have hundreds of old emails in my icloud.me mail that I refuse to sit and delete one by one.

'Create contact from text'

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
I really hope they change the Music app back to what it was like before, I really hate the new one. Why is it not possible to download just the tracks you want from iCloud, and why can't I delete single tracks from an album.
The Music App is crap now, and quite ugly too.

badcrumble

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2007
Apart from the very likely calendar/reminder sharing:

I want to see Apple's Pandora-killer integrated into iOS 6.1 and iTunes 11.

J.C

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2008
Give us 'clear all' please!!!

I have hundreds of old emails in my icloud.me mail that I refuse to sit and delete one by one.

'Create contact from text'

I can't test this as I have less than one page of emails showing at the iCloud.com website but Control + A works to select all and delete. Can you use that to delete all those emails?

Scottyboy99

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012
Home share fix I hope

For me a major fix needs to be done on home sharing. It does not work well at all with my iTunes library. Seen many others pick this up too. On our original iPad still running 5.1.1 it seems ok so it's definitely an ios6 issue. I often get the half circle freeze when connecting to the library and it can take a few attempts. Even then album art or video covers are often wrong or missing. Logging out of home sharing on the device often helps but it's only a temp fix.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Maps that don't get you lost? Lets start basic functionality.

The maps issue is one of data on the other end, not iOS 6

But in terms of what needs to be fixed or would be good to add/bring back

1. This damn cell data issue needs to be resolved stat. Folks are getting jammed with major overages because their iPhones, even iPads, aren't switching to wifi properly. Not cool. Verizon released a carrier update for the phone but not for the iPad and nothing for AT&T or Sprint yet.

2. iOS 6 killing wifi on older phones. Not happening to all but enough.

3. WTF with not being able to delete tracks if you have iTunes Match. It was there before

4. Groups creation and editing in Contacts.

5. Being able to pull up all purchased TV shows via the video app is nifty but what about what about an option to see all shows and movies bought in similar fashion if we wish. And what about letting us see home sharing, match etc in one list. At home it pulls from the local computer, away from home we can pull from 'in the cloud'/match

6. LP and Extras on iOS including the Apple TV

7. Streaming iTunes purchased video. Choosing at time of purchase which quality gets downloaded or even to 'download later'

----------

I don't get it, Google never had this problem.

Maybe not on that address but it had similar ones. Including sending folks to the wrong city (right street address but they were 30 miles away from the right place), telling folks to go the wrong way down a one way street (that has beeine way since it was built 20 years ago), sending them down streets that no longer exist. Transit info that was way out of date and so on

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
- Bug fixes
- "Security fixes" (aka no longer jailbreakable for a few days)

I haven't had any problems with Apple Maps in the Los Angeles area (where I live) so far, and they don't need to be updated via iOS updates. They've been updated a lot recently. I looked at the Faroe Islands one day and saw terrible maps, then a few days later, it was fixed.

----------

I totally agree. Even on my old iPhone 4 (which didn't have Siri) I could make calls using voice control, with being connected to the Internet

Yeah, what's up with that? Why does Siri need to send what you say to Apple to get instructions?? Voice control finally trumped Siri that day when I was in a no-service area.

----------

Uh... it's free.

It's subsidized by a recent iOS device purchase. That is, certain functions will not work on anything older than new, and it won't work at all on very old devices.

----------

Hopefully they will fix the App Store, it's not stable right now.

I had major App Store bugs when I first updated to iOS 6. Apple needs to fix those. They somehow went away after the initial few uses, but still, it's unacceptable.

----------

Mountain Lion dock. OCD request, but it annoys me that they don't match anymore.

I was thinking the same thing. The Mountain Lion Dock is beautiful.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I can't test this as I have less than one page of emails showing at the iCloud.com website but Control + A works to select all and delete. Can you use that to delete all those emails?

Thanks I'll try that.

Aidan5806

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2012
Edit: it's never going to happen but a separate iMessages app would be fantastic! Much like BBM
Btw first post! :)

this is, in a way, already in place. blue send button means imessage, green means text message.

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2011
London
The Mountain Lion dock!!!! The current one just looks so old now :/ And some updated lock screen graphics (maybe just get rid of the 2007-esc reflection/shine). Just generally uniforming the UI across all stock apps would be nice.

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
I just want 4 things:

- Quick reply for messages (like Bite SMS)
- Setting option on NC
- Better functionality on multitasking tray
- Gestures controls

dalethomas81

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2012
Do Not Disturb enhancements:

1. Ability to turn on/off from lock screen or notification center instead of opening settings.

2. Automatically to turn on/off from clocks app (perhaps tied to alarms people set -- if you set an alarm, you should have the option to turn on DND when creating the alarm).

3. Ability to add individual contacts to DND instead of using lists (I really only want my wife and parents to have the ability to contact me when DND is enabled).

I like it!

Pulsedriver81

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2011
Sweden
My wishes...(probably more suited for iOS7)

1. Enhanced lockscreeen functionality (Weather in lockscreen for example)
2. Open up for 3rd Party widgets in NC accompanied by an extension of app store with a section to buy 3rd party widgets. (To make it more apple like, they could limit the amount of widgets in NC to 3 or 4 so it doesn´t get cluttered)
3. NC settings (See above)
4. Make the static icons dynamic. It doesn´t have to be animated all over the place. Just use the icon to present more info from the app (like Calendar icon shows todays date)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.