What will the base model C2D MBP cost in Canada after edu dis $ tax

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ImNoSuperMan, Nov 8, 2006.

1. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

Dec 1, 2005
    I am planning to get a 2199$(canadian) C2D MBP from canada. My friend lives there and is a student. Could someone please tell me how much it`d cost after the students discount and taxes. I guess he`s in montreal but I m not sure. But in any case the taxes wouldnt be more than 8%. Or are they?

And also I`d assumed you`d get apple products cheapest in USA(thats why I got my MB from SF). But it seems that canada has it cheaper. 2199CAD = 1950 USD compared to 1999USD.

Anyways, If someone can tell me how much is the discount for Macs in Canada, I`ll be very thankful.
  2. ImNoSuperMan thread starter macrumors 65816

Dec 1, 2005
  3. CaptainCanuck macrumors member

Aug 15, 2005
    Well, you'd have to tag 6% GST (HST if you're a francophone) onto it plus whatever the PST/QST is in Quebec (I think it's 7.5% right now).

So, $2199 x 1.135 = $2,495.87 CAD

Which is $2,213.24 USD right now according to the Bank of Canada.

Hope that helps.
  4. York-Diuck macrumors member

Nov 30, 2005
    In Ontario, the base level C2D MBP is $1999 with an EDU discount and before sales taxes. I believe the sales tax in quebec is 7.5% on any purchases and 14% on any purchases in ontario.

Beat me to it.
  5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    It's 14% in Ontario now? I know I've been gone for 2 years, but wow.....I really need to go home. :eek:
  6. ImNoSuperMan thread starter macrumors 65816

Dec 1, 2005
    Sorry. I just came to know he`s in Vancouver. How much will be the tax there. Also is the free printer scheme available in Canada. thanx for all your help.
  7. Penquin-007 macrumors newbie

Sep 14, 2006
    Why don't you just ask your friend how much tax they have in Vancouver...

Also you might consider convincing your friend to get a developper student accout (100$CAN) and then buying your MPB from the "ADC store" which would give you a 20% rebate...much better than the EDU price.