What will you do or think about the situation?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kitki83, Sep 26, 2006.

1. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

Mar 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
  2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

Jan 28, 2005
    American Riviera
    Since you asked my opinion, here goes.

Frankly, with writing like this, I would be thanking my lucky stars that I have a job, if I were you. I couldn't even be bothered to read most of that huge block of undifferentiated, poorly written text. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but if this is a reflection of your aptitude and professional capabilities, I wouldn't complain about having work.

I understand your job title is graphic design, not copywriter or editor, but I truly believe that representing yourself in such a manner is very detrimental to the opinion that others will have of you.

Again, I'm not trying to be mean, only give you honest feedback as to what my reaction was to your post.

If English is not your native language, I apologize in advance for my above comments.
  3. StealthRider macrumors 65816

Jan 23, 2002
    Yokosuka, Japan
    Oh, the irony of the OP's signature is too good to pass up...:p
  4. wimic macrumors regular

Aug 24, 2006
    calgary, alberta
    i have to agree with gauchogolfer on this one... i could hardly understand what you were trying to say. that's probably the most indiscernible thing i've ever read.

i got about 4 lines into it and had to give up.

here's a bit of advice - if you have something you want to post and get opinions on, don't make your readers spend 20 minutes trying to figure out what it is you're trying to say.

to wasteland ... AND BEYOND! :)
  5. zelmo macrumors 603

Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    Exactly what I was thinking.
  6. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Aug 27, 2003
    Here's what I got from it:

The OP says that his/her boss complained about him/her being too slow in scanning and editing a pamphlet to be emailed and proceeded to photocopy it.

I'd say to the OP:

1) Please write more clearly.
    2) Where was the source file for the pamphlet? Your company is quite disorganized and I would hate to work there.
    3) Find a better place to work. You will only suffer if your boss is really this boneheaded about computer technology.

And I'm not even a "graphic designer".
  7. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Aug 11, 2005
    Behind the lens
    i think it was the boss said

"I need this emailed to NY"

to which he replied "no problem"

but couldnt find a decent scanner or helpful colleague.

when he did, he couldnt get the files transfered to his machine and vice versa correctly.

time ticking, the boss says

"dammit boy, yer slow, lets goto the Xerox"

and proceeds to photocopy something for a meeting that was supposed to be in NY?

I think its that the boss wanted something emailed, when it was clear he needed a hard copy?
  8. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

Jan 28, 2005
    American Riviera
    ^^ Ahh, it's so much clearer now. Thanks for that.

9. MultiM macrumors 6502

May 9, 2006
    TO. I've moved!
    I don't care about the OP's story 'cause I haven't a clue what he was trying to say. When I read this the first time (yesterday) I thought it was just me, glad to see I'm not the only one who has issues with the COMPLETE LACK of proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. I laughed out loud at the sig.
  10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Who hired you?

Do you work at the Centre for Children Who Can't Read Good?
  11. sushi Moderator emeritus

Jul 19, 2002
    No kidding.

Hard to really follow what the OP is trying to say.

I think some have captured the jest of it. However, the scan verses copy part has me confused.
  12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    After looking at this, I think this ad agency needs to double/triple their E&O Insurance policy rather quick.
  13. mpw Guest

Jun 18, 2004
    Clearly your boss is messing you about, I wouldn't put up with it.

If you don't want to leave the company could you at least move to another department, maybe move from graphics to writing the copy?

It'll get you away from such an intolerable boss and you'll get revenge on the company for treating their employees badly, I guarantee it;)
  14. DubbaJ macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2006
    Sarnia, ON, Canada
    Right from your title:

What will I do about the situation?

Probably nothing, sorry.

What will I think about the situation?

I'm trying not to think about it to be honest. It's rather painful.

Hope that helps! :D
  15. lexus macrumors 68000

Mar 26, 2006
    Depends Greatly On The Weather
    Same here
  16. kygeographer macrumors member

Aug 18, 2005
    Frankfort, KY
    Umm, yeah.. what he said:D