What will you end up getting from this MW?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iW00t, Jan 9, 2007.

1. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

I think all that I will get for now is just an Airport Extreme base station and also an Applecare Protection Plan for my MBP since it protects both the MBP and the router.

Kinda sad that I can't purchase a new C2D Mac Mini today as well :mad:

2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Nothing for now, but if I'm lucky, a new iPhone come August!

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

nothin, im done with cingular. i will just wait 6 months for next gen iPod, if it will be like this phone.

5. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

Nothing at all!!!

The only thing I wanted (iLife 07) wasn't even released! :mad: :mad: :mad:

6. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

7. MacSyn macrumors regular

Probably Airport Extreme.

Too bad no update for ACD today. I've been waiting for 30" ACD's update. Now I'll just have to decide between Apple or Dell.

8. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Maybe the new Airport Extreme.

I can't upgrade my phone until February 2008, and I don't have a compatible television to connect Apple TV to.

9. IEatApples macrumors 6502a

IEatApples

Yes, that's what I'll get as well. :(

10. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

Same here... :(

11. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

12. levitynyc macrumors 65816

13. IEatApples macrumors 6502a

IEatApples

14. mhuk01 macrumors 6502

judging by apples recent change of attitude in just adding products to the store, i would almost guarentee these products are updated within a couple of months.....

either that or the macmini and displays and maybe one other product get released together at a 'special event'

15. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

An AppleTV (or ?tv, if you prefer,) and a new base station for certain.

I had my smart phone (Nokia Symbian-based phone) die a couple months ago, and had been limping along with an el-cheapo free phone waiting for the Nokia N95 to become available. I was ready to buy it last week, but delayed to see if Apple would intro a smart phone. I'm not sure if I can wait until June with my current phone, though! (And I'm not wealthy enough to just buy the N95 now, and then buy the iPhone when it comes out, sorry.)

16. capran macrumors member

Color me extremely disapointed too. The iTV....neat but YAWN. The iPhone...very sweet tech, but ridiculously expensive, only Cingular?!?, and only 4 or 8 GB?!? Maybe it'll replace the Razr as the new hotness in phones, but I still won't be getting one.

If they had just released a "Mac Mini Pro" that uses a Conroe and has a 16x PCI-E slot that can take a high end gaming card, I would have whipped out the credit card in a flash. I want me a new Mac that can also double as a PC gaming box SO BAD. I recently got JaS 10.4.8 running on my PC, but it's got several issues that will prevent me from using it regularly.

I just want a lightning fast powerhouse Mac that doesn't cost $ARM + $LEG + $LEFT-NUT.

STEVE!!! ARE YOU LISTENING?!?

Seriously, though, is there any chance that there will still be new Macs, iLife, and Leopard shown off by Steve this week? Or at least a demo by Schiller?

17. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

already ordered a iTV i mean Apple TV and a Airport Extreme:D

got to wait until March for em though :(

18. macidiot macrumors 6502a

Airport extreme... I want the ability to add an usb hard drive. The only other product that does that is from belkin and it costs 200.

I'm tempted by AppleTV but unless it can do xvid/divx, I'm not all that interested.

And I'd get an iPhone today if it was available. Which means I'm getting one in June.

19. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

20. IEatApples macrumors 6502a

IEatApples

Gee, you think? :rolleyes: :p

21. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

WOW...am I the only one planning on getting the iPhone. I for one will be ordering this as soon as I possibly can...hopefully I dont have to wait until June to even order it:rolleyes:

My plan is up and I'm already with Cingular. There are all of these negative comments, but I Love This Phone from what I have seen.

22. IEatApples macrumors 6502a

IEatApples

I'll get the iPhone for sure :) , but I was really hoping for some kind of "Mac" (iMac) update... "Mac"World? No? :confused:

23. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

maybe, but if I do, it'll be a m$ product...
    then again, if it looks like vista, I'll have to wait for iWork '07, which I hope will somehow be unveiled an MWSF, even though maybe not on keynote day.

24. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

It seems that way, doesn't it? Here Apple comes up with an AMAZING product, which has been in the works and rumored over for 2 years, and all the mac community can do is complain.

For those of you that hadn't noticed, every new phone that comes out is exclusive to a certain carrier. This helps cut costs, and for the iPhone, actually dictated some features (visual voicemail, for instance). Why does everyone here seems to think that Apple would be different if they entered the cell phone market..? :confused:

Get a grip people. I've never heard anyone complain when Motorola or Samsung released a Cingular-only phone. If it matters so much to you to have the iPhone, then switch carriers once you can. If you don't want Cingular, then you don't get the iPhone - simple, isn't it?

25. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

iW00t

It is not that iPhone being cingular only that is the problem. It is how this useless device has effectively eaten up this year's macworld with nothing to show for it.

That's what pisses people off.