Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
1.5 ghz dual g4?

a g5

a dual g4 tibook

a 1 ghz tibook

a 17" lcd imac

jaguar

an apple camera

an apple pda

jobs resigning???

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
How come you didn't make a poll?

I would have to say the G5. I don't expect it to come out then, but it would blow everyone away if it did.

As for Jobs handing himself the pink slip, I don't want to dare think about it. :eek:

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
I would have to say the G5 and Jobs resigning would be a tie. Both of those would make me head to the local tavern. G5 because I cannot afford one and need to drink my sorrows away. Jobs resigning because that would be the death of Apple.

groundhog troll

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2002
New software called Reality Distortion Field from resent acquisions Nothing Real, Silicon Grail and Prismo Graphics:D

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
A HyperTransport G4 would be nice and slightly optimistic.

But more realsitic than a RapidIO G5 since AMD has secured supplier contracts for production of the HyperTransport bridge chips and is planning on releasing Hypertransport computers in Q4.

http://www.aliusa.com/eng/product/corelogic/m1687.htm

Hypertransport is already sampling, while the specs for RapidIO are just being finalized with sampling expected in early 2003.

http://www.hypertransport.org/

http://www.rapidio.org/news/rapidio/

Sucks wind that we may be looking at using our aging MPX systems for a while longer.

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by King Cobra

I would have to say the G5. I don't expect it to come out then, but it would blow everyone away if it did.

As for Jobs handing himself the pink slip, I don't want to dare think about it. :eek:

g5 would be too cool

jobs is worth hundreds of millions last time i checked; he has proven how to think differently...twice ...and if he wanted to start something else, he has earned that right

...but the g5 is the ultimate secret let out if it happens at mwny

...now the g5 coming out in 2003 will pretty much be expected

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2001
the wildest thing that could happen:

Jobs walks out, everyone cheers, he opens up saying that it's his last year at apple. The crowd is in aww.... they start to boo. Then Jobs says that before he leaves, he will introduce the apple pda that everyone's wanted....the crowd cheers... Jobs then says, "and finally, another item, you have anticipated.... the G5" The crowd cheers!

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by ShaolinMiddleFinger
the wildest thing that could happen:

Jobs walks out, everyone cheers, he opens up saying that it's his last year at apple. The crowd is in aww.... they start to boo. Then Jobs says that before he leaves, he will introduce the apple pda that everyone's wanted....the crowd cheers... Jobs then says, "and finally, another item, you have anticipated.... the G5" The crowd cheers!

now that would be going out with a bang

and jobs could personally call eyelikeart about the pda:p

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
a g5 would blow us all away, but some software would be better, like a pro audio app or something else pro

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
No the biggest news ever for Apple would be the introduction of the new CEO of MS, Chainsaw Al Dunlop.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
none of the above! well, maybe the G5. that would probably turn a few heads..

but the wildest thing would have to be a chrome plated 1GHz PowerBook!!:D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
definitely the Apple PDA...oh wait a minute...that's not what I meant!! :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

what I really meant to say was a dual g4 tibook...yeah...that's it! :D

kiwi_the_iwik

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2001
London, UK
Hmmm.... The WILDEST thing?

I'd go for a few predictions (spot the odd-one out) -

1. Slot-loading SuperDrives as standard across the board (and available from the Apple Store as a separate purchase)

2. New 1Ghz G4 iMac 17" in shape of a standard LCD monitor - all-in-one design contains motherboard and slot-loading SuperDrive!

3. A new version of the Newton PDA in the shape of a mini LCD display, running a cut-down version of OSX on the new IBM G4 chipset, with true plug-and-play compatibility and rechargeability thanks to FireWire (just like the iPod).

4. Jaguar as a FREE upgrade to existing OSX users

5. Eskape Labs FINALLY completing their OSX drivers for MyTV

6. Bluetooth as standard on new computers - USB adapters available immediately for older models

7. The Rolling Stones announcing their final gig EVER will be to close the conference (and really mean it - final MEANS final...)

Yeah - you're right...

Number 5 does seem a tad unrealistic...

;)

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
>it's hard holding Winky back from wreacking havoc on those PDA lovers...he he he ;)
I'm sure he must be planning a get together for people like us, somewhere in New Orleans... :D

Actually, I think the most surprising thing to happen would be Steve announces an iPod with a special feature for internet Breakout competition against me! :D

LOL... :cool:

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by eyelikeart
definitely the Apple PDA...oh wait a minute...that's not what I meant!! :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

what I really meant to say was a dual g4 tibook...yeah...that's it! :D

i swear eye!

if i had some extra cash after paying off...yikes...the 20+ percent credit card i used for private university graduate school...i would use the first five hundred dollars cash to buy an apple pda and send it to you as a gift to

1) show you how cool it is
2) maybe convert you
3) shut you up...he he

but since my balance is hard to pay off, i won't be buying anybody any major gifts for a long, long time

apple and sj being who they have been since '97, the apple pda would be voice activated and have a full version of os x on it

microsoft and some pc makers are going to release a handheld pda with a full version of windows xp on it...granted, it won't go 1 ghz, but will be email, internet, and microsoft office (the full version) compliant

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by drastik
Two Words: poop flinging monkey.;)

Sorry to break it to you Bubba, but that's three words... :p :D

Last I heard, you are not the keeper of the monkey...

As for what would be the wildest thing at MWNY... It would be Jobs announcing that all new PowerMac's will come with a hottie (for all guys over the age of 25 :D). She will completely understand all your Mac lingo, and be able to carry on a conversation about life, the universe, and everything.. . :p :D Something for the consumer models will be next year, and with different flavors being offered at MWSF. :eek: :eek: :D

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by King Cobra
Fruity flavors...what about for die-hard Mac fans in their 10s? :eek: :D

TFB, they will have to wait... by the time they are old enough, all the real hotties will be 'taken'. :D :D

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Show (and heart) stopper:

Steve comes out and announces the death of the Power PC.....
( Shocked silence)
..... Instead Apple will be partnering with IBM and Sony to purchase Transmeta and Altivec.
(more shocked silence)
In Fact the new architecture will now simulate ANY chip ever produced.
(Riotous applause)
The new chip will be shipping in August in the all new Powermac GX in Dual, Quad and Octet models starting at $1999.00. DDR, 333Mhz bus, Hypertransport, up to 4GB of RAM, ATA133 with HW RAID and 4 channels on a daughter card swappable for serial ATA. AGP8x, PCI66 Std, FW2, 2 optical drives std, built in DSL modem and optional Cable/Satellite modem.
(Thunderous applause, chanting , singing , crying):D

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Maybe Intel and Dell[t] should offer old political democratic women with their peecees. That way, when you get sick of the software, you can get sick of the hardware! :eek: :D

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
>DDR, 333Mhz bus, Hypertransport, up to 4GB of RAM, ATA133 with HW RAID and 4 channels on a daughter card swappable for serial ATA. AGP8x, PCI66 Std, FW2, 2 optical drives std, built in DSL modem and optional Cable/Satellite modem.
Don't forget terabit ethernet, a Superdrive that burns DVDs at 24x, and a Titanium enclosure! :D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by jefhatfield

i swear eye!

if i had some extra cash after paying off...yikes...the 20+ percent credit card i used for private university graduate school...i would use the first five hundred dollars cash to buy an apple pda and send it to you as a gift to

1) show you how cool it is
2) maybe convert you
3) shut you up...he he

he he he...it would probably be very cool...I might actually get interested in it...

but u would never shut me up... ;) :D :eek:

Moonlight

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2002
Los Angeles
New style iMacs

Has apple given up on multi styled iMacs ?? Ok ok no fruit flavors, but maybe a nice line of executive colors or textures: brushed metal, suede, black chrome, purple velvet ???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.