We have several magsafe chargers constantly plugged in around the apartment, in case we need to use a laptop anywhere, we can always plug straight in rather than moving the chargers. We also have an increasingly mobile and curious 10 month old baby who is putting almost everything in her mouth. Would she get a nasty shock is she stuck the live end of the charger in her mouth? Before anyone calls the child protection agency, please bare in mind this is a hypothetical. If it had actually happen I think I would probably already know the answer. And yes making sure they are all unplugged and switched off would be the obvious thing to do.