What would happen if....

Discussion in 'Community' started by teabgs, Jul 11, 2002.

?

Would Apple let stuff leak if we ignored them?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. no

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

say we were to stop following apple so much and not talk about the rumors as much as we do.

We know Apple has people reading all the rumor sites. Hell Steve probably checks up on us himself, and gets a huge kick out of it.

Anyway, when all the rumors started flying, after a few days we get contradicting rumors....where are all these "sources" from? Apple? If so then Apple's employees either are thinking that Apple is doing completely different things, OR Apple is planting False rumors.

I think Apples planting them and keeping a tight seal on everything so we dont get to know anything.

If the rumormill were to come to a halt...do you think Apple (steve) would miss the attention and lets some stuff leak?

I kinda do...

2. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

I don't think he would. I mean, look at all the evangelists out there just for Mac. For all we know, Steve might be one of the posters here. Who knows? I still say they keep making false leaks so that we don't here about iToaster, Apple first branch into kitchenware!

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Interesting idea...I'm not sure.

If leaks came out about specs of new machines, people would be less inclined to buy new ones right before the announcement...which is counterproductive for marketing.

I think it's possible that the recent "no new Powermacs" rumor could very well be Apple trying to eke out a few more buyers to clear the channel of the older Quicksilvers. If they trick enough people into buying now, it's better for them.

What gets me is that sales drop way down prior to a MW anyway...whether we have an idea of what's coming or not. We all want to wait and see what's coming out before spending money on something that could be obsolete days after we buy it. Apple knows this and has to create all of these promotions to try to sell machines...just give us updates more often and you'll have more consistent sales Steve!

4. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

My guess is that Apple releases false rumors that contradict actual leaks. The most effective defense they have is confusion.

5. big macrumors 65816

big

What if...(this is a big what if) What if Apple works with (or runs some Rumor Sites) and posts pics of new Apple machines (case in question with no handle)

or simply comes here and posts fake pics or rumors.

it would be like how the X-files construes our Government here in the States.

What if i work with Apple? or any site admin?