What would my G3 go for?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Sweetfeld28, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

I was just wondering what you guys thought my Beige G3 MT with 533 Mhz. processor would go for? I was just wondering because i am thinking about selling it.

Here are its Specs:

Apple PowerMac G3 (was a 266, but i upgraded the processor to the OWC 533 w/ 1 MB cache). The machine includes the 56k modem, the sound/capture (?) card, 320 MB RAM, Rev. C ROM chip (this card allows you to have slave drives), and motherboard is also the Rev C board with the on board ATI Rage Pro graphics chip.

The G3 has just been recently wiped and had OS X 10.2.8 installed. It will include some of my music, for your listening pleasure.

1 HD (40 GB IDE)
    1 PCI USB card, with two USB ports
    1 PCI FireWire card, with two FireWire ports

i also might include the ATI Radeon 7000 32MB card which has been updated to the latest firmware to date, i also thought about including the LinkSys Wireless G+B PCI card which i have been using with it.

So what do you think?

2. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

I would say $250

And you really aren't supposed to include that music if it is copyrighted.

3. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

Unfortunately it's the way it goes, anything older than a G3 won't get much bang for buck.
    My old Sage iMac was bought for around $3500 (AUD) in 2000, now it's probably worth around $200.

4. Sweetfeld28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

Hey thanks for your thoughts, i'm still not sure what i want to do though. Maybe i will decide in a couple of days on what i want to do.

But, thanks for your opinions.