iPad mini What would you do with your iPad mini when the mini 2 gets released?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Appl3FTW, Nov 18, 2012.

?

What would you do with your ipad mini when the mini 2 gets released

  1. keep it, no plan on updating

    21 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. sell it and get the ipad mini 2

    56 vote(s)
    60.2%
  3. depends if they change the form factor, im keeping it as a collection and buy the mini 2

    11 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. i don't GAF, you mad brah...

    5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. macrumors 68040

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
  2. macrumors 68000

    Shadowbech

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2011
    Location:
    Central U.S.
    #2
    Keep, no plan on upgrading on my end. Not until it's unusable.
     
  3. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2012
    #3
    Sell this one and upgrade if I can swing it for a cost difference of $75 or less. If not make a decision between:
    -Doing nothing and waiting a few years or so.
    -Selling the 4 and consolidating to one iPad

    ----------

    That's also factoring in if its worth the upgrade. I'd only want to if it had retina and a better processor.
     
  4. macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2006
    #4
    After buying ipad 1, ipad 3, and now the mini...think I'll keep it at least 2 yrs. before I upgrade it.
     
  5. macrumors 604

    ZBoater

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Location:
    Sunny Florida
    #5
    What about keeping it AND buying the mini 2? Where's that option?
     
  6. macrumors G4

    Chupa Chupa

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2002
    #6
    It's not what "would" I do, it's what I will do...IF the next mini is Retina. Otherwise I'll keep it as I'm otherwise very happy w/ mini.
     
  7. macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2012
    #7
    keep lying to myself that the screen looks the same and it is worth the money i spent.
     
  8. macrumors 65816

    iHeartsteve

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2012
    #8
    sell ASAP! The sooner the retina mini comes out the better!

    kept my 3 and will wait till the ipad 5. I feel the reg size ipads are a must for at home viewing. Will never sell those.
     
  9. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2012
    Location:
    America
    #9
    I would sell mine a couple weeks before launch with cheap accessories bundled in for the same price I bought it for. Then i would buy the new one if it was retina.
     
  10. thread starter macrumors 68040

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #10
    uhm vote 3.. lol
     
  11. macrumors 604

    ZBoater

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Location:
    Sunny Florida
    #11
    No, not really. I don't care about the form factor or it being a collectible. I just want two iPads.
     
  12. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2010
    Location:
    Sunny England!
    #12
    I plan on giving the first gen to my girlfriend and buying the second gen.
     
  13. thread starter macrumors 68040

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #13
    3 is getting two minis so that's the closest :cool:
     
  14. macrumors 68040

    shenan1982

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2011
  15. macrumors Core

    alphaod

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Location:
    上海 (Shanghai)
    #15
    No if your #3 said "I'll get both," that would make sense. No, I don't consider this a collectible.
     
  16. thread starter macrumors 68040

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #16
    fair enough... well don't make it a collectible then
     
  17. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    #17
    Not having retina doesn't really bother me. So it has to have some major updates in order for me to upgrade.
     
  18. macrumors 6502a

    bembol

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2006
    #18
    I sell it regardless how little they change it. Except for Cars, iMac & MacBook Air/Pro, I sell all my toys and upgrade.

    My Samsung Galaxy Note II is my 14th upgrade since I signed a contract back in '09. I can't keep anything for more than 6 months. I only had the iPhone 5 for two weeks.
     
  19. thread starter macrumors 68040

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
  20. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    #20
    Keep the first gen mini for the wife and buy an upgrade. It'll still be a great ipad and with AppleCare+ it'll last a while
     
  21. macrumors 604

    Jessica Lares

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2009
    Location:
    Near Dallas, Texas, USA
    #21
    Keeping it, I can't tell the difference between non-retina on the iPad Mini and Retina on my iPhone 4 anyway. For me, everything look better on the iPad Mini than on the 4.
     
  22. macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2007
    #22
    If they can add retina, keep weight and battery then same...all of you will upgrade. ALL of you.
     
  23. macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2011
    #23
    Hey...I bought the first gen iPad the day they were released back in 2010. Still have the unlimited data plan thru AT&T that I will transfer to my iPad mini LTE when it arrives.

    What will I do when the iPad mini 2 comes out? Um...dunno.

    I didn't upgrade my first gen when the iPad 2 came out. Or the iPad 3 with Retina. Or the iPad 4. Soooooo.....who knows.

    The mini first gen may share the same fate with me as the first regular iPad did. I may just skip the upgrades for awhile. Or I may sell the first gen and upgrade. It depends.

    Either way, I know I will be happy...cause I have enjoyed AND continue to enjoy my first gen iPad - which I am typing on right now!

    ;-)
     
  24. thread starter macrumors 68040

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #24
    yes massaaaaa... :eek:
     
  25. macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2012
    #25
    That is a very big IF!
     

Share This Page