What would you do?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Here's a nice little story...

2 weeks ago my mate Paul finally buys himself a lovely car. He sold his last one because he wanted 5 doors, not 3. Because he likes to take us out to places (motherly tendencies?). So, I'm the first guy in our little clan to see his car. It's nice and that, I'm not really into cars so I don't know what to think. Only a week later I've noticed a distinct lack of actual journeys.

Backstory; Paul has loadsa dosh and has just quit his job.

I get a little suspicious as my mates are randomly not there anymore. But one night I manage to get ahold of Paul on the phone. I ask if he wants to go to this quiz my cousin's pub is having and I know what the secret question is at the end (mwhahaha), he says "yea I'm definitely up for that!". But! hours later my other mate Tom rings up and says Paul is cancelling. No probs. He's like that. That's understandable.

Only I ring up Tom again an hour later to see if he wants to do anything. BAM! He's out with Paul. Ok ok, no worries here. His mum say's he's in the car with Paul and Darryl (NOW it gets interesting as nobody likes Darryl, he's offensive, grabs the wheel off Paul and has a habit of taking drugs whilst in cars). I'm thinking that somethings up around here. Pauls even taken his brother too.

So thats that. They've left me out!

Plot thickener?

Paul rang me and asked if I wanted to go into town, he needs a suit and we're going to pick up my girlfriend. Brilliant! cheers paul! Lets do that!
    Today is that day. His mobile is switched off and his cars not in the drive. He's gone off without telling me again.

Mini plot enhancer?

I was walking home from town with Tom some days ago. Tom gets the phone call "wanna go for a drive?", no such call for me!

I dunno. This is more a vent than anything. It's mad when I'm with them all though "oh James you're so top!" "nobody else goes stunt kiting/running!". It's a little annoying. Sorry if its confusing with all the names and that.

Though... with my funny working mind I've come up with some theories... for years we've suspected Tom of being gay. There's no problem with that, it's cool, he just never talks about girls and I've seen him eyeing up guys. Paul's never had a girlfriend either and he seems a little... camp? I keep imagining Paul and Tom going somewhere secluded and that.

But yea. What would you do? confront him, let it go, set fire to all his worldly possessions?

Personally I can't wait until next year where I'll be going to a real university (at the moment my course is franchised at my nearest college) where I can meet some top new mates. They can get on with their 9-5 checkout jobs.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Explosives, definitely.

Write him off. Life is too short. When he asks what is up, tell him.

3. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Or sugar in the gas tank ??:eek: :eek:

potato in the tailpipe; jam the spud into the pipe and cut it flush to the pipe ??:eek: :eek:

4. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

He's getting some new wheels soon so I dont suppose he'd mind a puncture in one :D

In all seriousness. they did this to another mate of ours. Daniel he was called. Top guy but they shunned him out. I don't care if I'm next actually. It's helped me to see what they're really like. who knows? maybe Darryl will crash the car into something revoking Pauls driving license. When I get my car I can just drive past and salute they royally.

cheers iGary. You said exactly what I was thinking. that made me smile :) lifes too short and that.

5. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    It's probably because you like Nintendo. :p

I kid, I kid. Kinda... :D

Anyway, Gary's write, Life's too short to hang out with some spoiled brat, even more short by worrying about him. I'd tell him to own up or piss off.

6. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

iGary has the sage advice. Explosives, definitely.:D

(Life is to short for faux-friends, or to drink bad beer - I use the last bit more often)

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

LOL!! but seriously...let it go, sounds like he does not wanna hang with you anymore....just go off and be with your other "mates"...did i use it right?

Bless

8. iGav macrumors G3

nah... vaseline on the leading edge of his brake pads. ;) by the sounds of it... you might even find the vaseline in his glovebox. heheh.

sounds like the friendship's on the wane mate, to help end it in a suitable way... next time he calls... just ask why he "doesn't invite you to his gay, drug taking orgy sessions in the back of his car???"

that should do the job stupendously well.

9. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Geez.. no need for such violence. We don't want him to end up in jail now, do we?? :rolleyes:

I couldn't have said it any better than iGary. Move on. Enjoy your girlfriend and maybe see what Daniel's up to. :D

10. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Daniel! haha well... he turned from raging anti-alcoholic (his brother was run over outside a pub) to getting drunk every night. he's also a vampire. but without the heavy metal music, he quite likes the calming sounds of Enya. He's actually the bad guy in a game I started last year called Madventures of the Love Rockets.

anyways. yea me and caroline are here now and it's wonderful. about to make us both dinner :) then onto The IT Crowd and who knows where a 25p bar of chocolate from Tesco's, 2 Kitkats, a frolic in the snow and a Mighty Boosh DVD send us. :)

11. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

12. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Plot twists are always fun.

Got a text message this morning from Paul asking if I wanted to go out today. Had a quick word with Caroline and we agreed we might as well. anyways, I felt so uncomfortable in the car. Turned out we had a great time. We even went to a disused mill car park and he taught me how to drive. In an hour too! I did all that gear changing, reversing and all that. Sure on the road is a different story but I've gone from knowing nothing to a lot so I'm happy :)

But yea. Took a load of photos too. It's been snowing like mad around my area. but thats another story.

Still though. I've cut my ties I think. I went through a revelation last night where I feel I don't need them guys anymore. If they call on for me I'll go out with them. I won't be going to them though.

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Don't be a bitch. At least they call you. If they really wanted to ditch you, they wouldn't phone you. I wouldn't if I was ditching someone. I'd let them phone me. You haven't done that. They still phone you. You're fine. Maybe some stuff came up last time, or maybe they don't want to hang with your girlfriend. Who knows? Just let sleeping dogs lie. Don't bother bringing it up, and see what happens next. If they stop calling, then worry.

14. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Thing is this morning was the first time Paul has tried to make contact with me in over a year. So it's not a recent thing. I dunno. I'm getting into more people at my university now. Maybe I'm moving on myself? Meh. it's all confusing.