what would you like to see 12 months from now for laptops?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jefhatfield, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    in am in the IT field...ok, just fixing, implementing, and maintaining stuff...but for a second, let's all pretend, me included, that we are in the "designing" part of the high tech industry

what would you like to design for a laptop for apple to be out in 12 months for the chirstmas rush of 2003?

...for home laptops, i want a 1 ghz+ ibook, one inch thin in plastic, 256 MB ddr ram on low end model, and 64 MB of video RAM (and i won't guess on what processor apple will have then, in 14 months)...price range - $999 us to $1599

...for pro laptops, i want a 1.5 ghz+ tibook, thinner than one inch around 0.80" inch, 512 MB of DDR RAM for low end model with 2 GB limit, 96 MB of video RAM, and under 5 lbs.
    price range - $1999 us to $3299
  2. Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    I'd also like to see a 1.5Ghz + PowerBook, one thing that I see as an important, but often missed component is the battery, I'd like to see their life double in the next year or so.
  3. macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
    If Apple's going to release some kind of eBook, or whatever, I'd like to see it become a sort of tablet/notebook hybrid, like this Acer:

It's under $1000, I think.
    The cool thing about it is that the screen turns around and flips over the keyboard so it's a tablet one way and a laptop another.:)