What would you like to see from apple?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by hotwire132002, Mar 18, 2004.

1. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

I'd like to see a consumer G5: maybe a scaled down version of the standard G5s, like a "G5 Mini" They could come in easter egg colors :D

Anyway, thought I'd start a thread on what unlikely new product you'd like to see from Apple.

2. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

I would like to see a headless imac type thing. Somthing not so big as a powermac yet, without a display. Like a cube, however not so expensive. It would probably have a 1.6 - 2.0 ghz g5 in it.

3. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

an affordable ($300?) handheld device with modest HD (~10 GB) with built-in gaming control and screen to run "official" emulators and ROMs ranging from atari, colecovision to NES, Genesis and gameboy.

emulators priced around $20 per console and $1 or so per ROM?

not gonna happen, but i can dream...

4. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I saw those commecials for XM radio where you can take the faceplate off your car XM radio and attach it to your home/office XM radio kinda like a dock. It would be neat if they got an iPod to do something like this. I'd buy it.

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Amen! Join the club. I'm with you 100%. But get ready to be flamed. ^_^ The headless consumer Mac topic is a "TABOU" topic on macrumors. (Almost as much as mac gaming). ;-p

6. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

yep... for a reason... ;)

if you follow things around MR long enough, you'll come across that idea about 10,000 times, as if it's some brilliant idea apple has long overlooked. there are people who want a Mac (with a G5 even!) to be as cheap as PCs because they are being "cheap," there are people who strongly believe that apple would be better served by introducing a cheap Mac and there are people who believe apple's been not offering something like a cheap headless iMac for a reason... :D

7. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Well, I don't need it to be THAT cheap. Just sell me an headless iMac with a ADC connector for a little less than an iMac and I'll be satisifed. I wonder how much they could actually shave off the price for such a machine.

8. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

how much cheaper are you talking here...? $100? $200? $500?

if the base of the 15" iMac was sold for $1100 ($200 off) with no LCD, would you buy it?

they can't shave the amount of 15" display (around $300?) off because then why would anyone buy the AIO iMac?

it's my belief that the target market for eMac/iMac is people who want AIO. NOT people who want cheap Mac...

9. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

$200 off? Yup, I might. I could fork that money on a hard drive or RAM upgrade. But I have to agree, at that price, most of the customer will think that the AIO is a better deal, especially if they don't already own an ADC monitor.

[^_^]Then how about an headless eMac. Could that be priced at $649.00 —> $699.00 ? Just a thought.[/^_^]

10. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants