What would you like to see in the next Apple Displays?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kntgsp, Apr 24, 2006.

1. kntgsp macrumors 6502a

Here's just some of the things I'm pretty sure they'll include, and then a few I hope they do.

A vertical height adjustment, something that requires little effort and glides really smooth, not like the jerky peecee displays.

Built-in iSight (probably going to happen anyway). I know some people don't think they'll do it because of workplaces that don't allow cameras, but that doesn't mean they won't sell two versions, one with camera, one without. PDA's and cellphones have been doing this for years.

Magnet mount on the side for an Apple remote. (I have an Intel Mini hooked up to 20" ACD, so a little magnet mount for the remote would be kind of cool, like the iMac)

Have at least one USB port on the side for easy access with a thumb drive, etc. I know it hurts the asthetics, but you could camoflauge it. Apple can camoflauge anything. Having to feel around in the back or yank my head around the screen to see what I'm doing gets annoying. (I have alot of USB peripherals) I just don't want to have to get some ugly 3rd party USB hub that becomes an eyesore on my desk.

1000:1 contrast ratio. If I can get a Gateway 21" LCD widescreen with 1000:1 for 550 bucks, Apple can do it for 700 on a 20" wide.

All of my other ideas, like a laser ray cannon and the like are probably out of the realm of feasibility.

2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

I would like to be able to rotate the display. After seeing a Dell monitor do that, I thought it was cool. Perfect for reading webpages.

That and lower prices.

3. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Some more inputs / hubs. I don't mind them being at the back for aesthetical reasons. Would like to see a USB hub on there as well as FW.

Do that and lower the price. Then I'll buy one! :rolleyes:

4. iGary Guest

iGary

They do.

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I'm going to guess that iGary's request is for the displays to not look like this:

[​IMG]

For me, I'd like more degrees of freedom with respect to moving the display around.

6. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Oops! My bad. :eek:

7. odedia macrumors 6502a

I'd like an external SATA interface feature on the back of the screen. Perfect fror connecting external hard drives to the macbook pro.

Oded S.

8. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

All I really want is a thinner version of the current displays with a better price on the 30".

9. LastLine macrumors 65816

10. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

11. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

12. mccldwll macrumors 65816

Maybe consumer grade and pro grade (like the dell line). In the consumer line, I want a docking stand for a larger imac grade mini (new imac sold as a package w/ display, kb, and mouse).

13. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Hmmm, Well I would like:

-The whole line made HD (The 20" isn't I believe?)
    -Either a HUGE price cut on the 20" (down to £350 from £500) or a new 17"
    -iSight camera's
    -Magnets for remotes

I still can't do bullets! :eek: I get a box up saying: "Enter a list item or press cancel to complete".. I have tried entering the list into that pop-up, or entering it here, highlighting, and then pressing the Bullet button.. but nothing! :( I'm so stewpid!

14. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Ditto.

Hub options wouldn't affect my buying decision but I guess it couldn't hurt to have.

15. uberfoto macrumors member

Don't make anything bigger than the 30" cause I will want it.

PRICE CUTS!

Sweet new design.

Keep the ports on the back.

16. Vaphoron macrumors 6502

Vaphoron

For me, video input would sell me on one instantly. I am about to buy the Dell 24" because I want to conserve space and I can't find any decent priced video input options to my Mac which could then serve that purpose instead.