What would you MOST like to see come from Apple?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jadekitty24, Nov 19, 2005.

1. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

It could be a product, service, software, or even extreme change. Such as, I would most like to see more customizing on Macs purchased. What I want and what I could get are not the same thing. For example, I want a new iBook, and pretty much the only reason I don't get one is it's too expensive for what I want it for and there aren't any "downgrading" options. I would want it mainly for surfing the web, e-mail, the occossional romp with iPhoto. I don't necessarily need that much of a hard-drive, or the "latest fastest" processor. I'd like to downgrade a few options while upgrading others.
    What would YOU want to see come from Apple?

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I would like to see a letter from Apple offering me a job as CFO.

(with a paycheck that would make Donald Trump jealous)

And jadekitty, you could always get a refurb iBook if that's all you want it for.

/ok I don't need the paycheck
    //but it'd be cool
    ///Mmm, I could hire Donald Trump to be my maid
    ////CLEAN MY TOILET, TRUMP

3. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

apple always makes super gorgeous and innovative products.

THUS.

iPhone.

definitely

that would be one awesome piece of technology. apple doubtfully would mess it up.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That is one thing I would definitely buy. No phone out there is perfect yet.

5. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

iPhone would be second only to Apple having a real product cycle when they move to Intel. Updates every time Intel/nVidia/ATI has an update. Work on new designs for Keynote introductions but a simple PR for regular updates.

6. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

i agree iPhone wins the majority vote
    but it would have to be capable with sprint

7. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

SummerBreeze

I would rather have a tivo-type service, with front row service on a box connected to you television, along with the ability to watch tv and save videos. I know it's not gonna happen, but it would be cool.

8. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

"Perfect" is a word we are taught in the engineering world not to use, it is not possible. There will always be something better or ways to improve a product. I'm not trying to be mean, it's just that is has been driven into us for the last year and now bothers me when people say it about products.

To continue the topic, I would also like to see an Apple iPhone. Something that has the storage amount of a Shuffle, but the simplicity and syncing abilities to connect to iCal,Address Book, maybe iPhoto a bit to offload pictures from the phone.

9. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

i can agree with this completely as well....

10. jadekitty24 thread starter macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Yeah, that's what I did with the one I have, but when it dies (hopefully not for a while) I might like to buy new. I've always bought refurb and would just love to enjoy that new Apple smell. Just once.

11. Aarow macrumors 6502a

A phone. Or two phones. An iPhone and a PowerPhone?

12. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I would love something that i could use a DVR. Basically like a media center PC but not fugly and big. It could be bigger then the mini, and i would guess it would have to be, but as long as it is not to big. It would be great to hook a monitor up to it and put it in a dorm room and be able to watch TV and stuff off of it.

13. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

14. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I must admit, an Apple iPhone would be pretty cool.

15. jadekitty24 thread starter macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Check out Elgato's EyeTV. I used the older version on my iBook and it worked great...recorded whatever I had it set to, no monthly fees, and I heard the latest version has much better quality. This on top of your current system will work.
    PS...I'm digging the phone. Or "iPhone"

16. mac-er macrumors 65816

Personal finance software that kicks Quicken's ass

17. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I'd love to see the Mac mini (or iMac) changed so that it really works as a media center machine. Front Row and the iMac is a really good start, but they need to add a TV tuner and TiVo like record scheduling. To go with the new media center Mac, Apple adds full quality (SD and HD) movies to iTMS and sets it up so you can buy them, or for less money, you can just stream them for a single viewing. I actually won't be surprised at all to see Apple do something like this with one of the next two revisions of the iMac and/or Mac mini.

I know Apple would do a good job designing a cell phone, but a cell phone is one of the very few gadgets that I simply don't care about and don't have. Still, Apple might be able to make a phone good enough that I would be convinced to get one.

18. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

A tastefully done Tablet PC convertible (Read: Standard laptop that can convert into a tablet.) I think Apple could make a real winner in that arena. If nothing else the graphics art professionals would drool over having an Apple laptop that they can work in Photoshop right on the screen.
    And then there are people like me that do better in meetings with notepads the going clickity, clickity, clickity on a keyboard. Finally I got to use a tablet for a month at work. It was damn hard to give up. Not because of MS’s piss poor attempt at shoe-horning Windows into a tablet roll but from a personalization standpoint. I really got tied to that computer. There is something about interacting with your computer with a pen that seems much more. . .oh I don’t know. Does the term personal make any sense? IMHO the experience made me feel like I was more closely tied to the computing experience and that was with the Windows interface. I know Apple could blow the doors off of what MS is offering.

Beyond that I want to see a iPhone type device. Plug the base station into the USB/Firewire port on your computer and plug your analog line into the modem on your computer. The cordless phone could then do IM voice chat, VoIP calls, and standard telephone calls.
    The device itself integrates with your computer with voice to text software and always logs your calls with Spotlight being able to access your logs. (with the ability to encrypt the files of course.) The phone would have a color LCD displaying the type of call...iChat logo for IMing, telephone poll for standard phone line chats, and a globe for VoIP calls. Also allow easy handoffs from computer chats onto the phone itself by pressing a button on the base station.

19. mdavey macrumors 6502a

mdavey

iPad tablet Mac in A4 and A5 sizes, with completely seperate bluetooth keyboard and a nice mount (and DVI in) for the A4 version so that it can be used as a monitor. Hmm, wouldn't the A4 version be the same product as a portable 12" iMac? ;)

20. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

it's a tie between a phone and a spreadsheet, excel is too slow and appleworks is too basic, and as for the phone i cant stand any phones i could just about stand a moto V3i but only just, apple could quite easyly do a click wheel based phone but with numbers around the wheel.

though as SJ himself is just at critical of phones as I am so i have no doubt apple is working on one, but it has to be ~perfect~ and i think it'll take even apple a long long time to make a perfect phone.

21. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Another vote for iPhone.

One that would perfectly sync with iCal and Address Book, that's all I ask for. I don't even really care if it's done over Bluetooth or an USB cable.

But some might want more features like Mail syncing with the phones mail client and Safari Bookmarks and RSS syncing with the phones browser. And depending on other features, iPhoto (if it has a camera, if so, please, make it at least 2 MP and with a lense cap), iTunes (if it has some rudimentary iPod features and/or can use aacs for ringtones), Stickies (for simple note taking), etc.

I also would like to see a Mac midi (bad name). A bit bigger than the mini, to accommodate a 3.5" HD (or maybe two, two RAM slots, with both RAM and HD easily accessible for upgrading. Also with a bit faster CPU, maybe in the range of the iMacs, to be an alternative to exactly those iMacs for those of us who might want to separate screen and machine for easier upgrades later, and want a bit more power than the mini can give but still doesn't need the full force of the Power Macs.

22. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

iPhone is needed. Current phones are stupid. Just like mp3 players before the iPod. For the phone to be successful, it shouldn't be locked into a single carrier. Apple would own the cell market. It would be nice to see a Mobile Tiger client on it.

2nd would be iTivo. I finally broke down and got a EyeTV 200. I love that I can export to iMovie or create a Quicktime clip and edit shows.

23. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

1. An iPod with WiFi capability so I could stream music to my Airport Express from it directly, no computer.

2. Something comparable to a Media Center PC. "Front Row" is a good start, but not quite a "Media Center."

3. Better interoperability with Windows networks, and better networking in general. It's gotten better and better with each major revision, but there are still big problems...like the way I'll mount a drive on my laptop, close the laptop and bring it home (forgetting to unmount the drive), and then when the laptop can't find the network drive any longer, the computer hangs for 30 seconds before it finally gives you the "Disconnect" option. Windows computers handle this much better. I shouldn't have to unmount the drive. In Windows, the drive just stays there in "My Computer" with a big red "X" over it, letting you know that the drive is not accessible. The next time you're on the network, you just double click the drive, and it becomes accessible again.

4. An iTunes that actually shuffles. Smart Shuffle sucks. Doesn't work. Even with it set to "less likely," I still hear songs from the same/artist album played very close to each other. With almost 600 albums in my iTunes library, that shouldn't happen.

24. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

and eBook

a eMac G5( when we go to intel a Chip that faster then Mac Minis but not faster then the iMac)

Thats looks like a iMac G4:)

25. jadekitty24 thread starter macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

The tablet is a fabulous idea!! I suck at typing therefore I never bring this where I would want to take notes...I record instead and later type it into my iBook. I would love the capability of writing my very own notes as well as the cabability a laptop could offer.