Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zyuzin4

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Eugene, OR
Safari crashes sometimes
Sometimes my BT Keyboard won't connect
I can't select which photos from my camera I want to import on iPhoto

i suppose its better than my PC which I'm sure to complain about

Can't connect to wireless network
Spyware
I have 2GB of memory but sometimes game won't launch because there isn't enough memory.

Marneus

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2005
The lack of maximise button annoys me.

As does the inability to CUT and paste files....even more confusing is the fact the option is there but is greyed out.

Then theres just little odd things that are equally likely in Windows, like the fact to map my MX1000's mouse buttons to dashboard, expose etc either required me to guess the buttons number, or to unmap all the keyboard shortcuts so I could type then in the Logitech program I downloaded, then remap them so that F9 did actually expose etc etc.

The thing with Windows was that i'd used it for long enough, that when I had a problem, I could usually beat the damn thing into submission then walk around triumphantly claiming that I dominated Windows. I'm yet to reach that stage with Tiger yet, but then again, I haven't had a problem.

Oh, and my adress book syncs like crap with my K700i...Maybe when Apple comes out with the iCall....

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
safari ALWAYS crashes on exit. I have deleted the app and reinstalled several times, and it still does it. Fortunately I use Firefox anyway.

beatle888 said:
System Preferences > Network > now look for the TCP/IP tab and at the bottom you should see a button for CONFIGURE IPv6. Turn this OFF.

done. no difference to browsing speeds. Safari still crashes on exit too.

beatle888 said:
then if your running a wireless modem or router try configuring the PROTECTED MODE option to its off setting.

... [it] made a world of difference. its like when safari was just released, remember how fast it was.

Where do I find this PROTECTED MODE setting? It isn't in my System Prefs (Panther) nor is it in my wireless router settings (Linksys WAG54G)

thanks

RedTomato

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
-Cant play games as well as a PC
-No webcam chatting for MSM messenger

Thats about all folks,

ShadOW

Kraythe

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2005
.:*Robot Boy*:. said:
Am I the only one who's experienced the dull testicular ache? I assumed that the subtle pain was indicative of sterility. Hey, maybe I'm wrong... maybe it's giving them super-strength! :D ;)

I would guess that your problem is that your software is not hardware and that you have no slots in which to insert your hard drive and download your small bits of DNA data.

:D :D :D :D :D

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
the only thing that comes to mind is that my ibook scratches really really easy and stuff get's under the Apple Wireless Keyboard (in the casing) and it's like impossible to get out :eek:

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
you know you can pop the keys off to get the dust off, if you get a toothpick and drag all the crud to one bit take the key off and take it all out.

huck500

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2004
Southern California
I've seen the OS crash on one of the iMacs at my school, but it's never happened to me. Safari crashes ONLY WHEN the content filter my school uses flags something...like a word in one of those pop-up summaries at Yahoo News. At least it seems like that's when it happens. Firefox seems much slower than Safari to me.

The only Windows guy I knew was my brother in law, and when OSX came out, he switched... :D

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
-My G5 is ridiculously picky about the the RAM it will accept.
-The power supply can't handle dirty power and will freeze / panic when someone in my apartment runs the vacuum
-After leaving my machine on for more than a few days, it will leak enough memory so that the whole machine slows down to the point where I need to reboot. I know OS X really needs more than 1GB though.

ph0rk

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2003
SWVA
apple apps such as dvd player -still- spew video noise all over playback with my ATI radeon 9000 mac edition retail in tiger on my GE 2x500 G4.

Redline13

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2004
I don't tell my windows friends how ridiculously dent and scratch prone apple's Powerbooks are.

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
Safari locks up.

My PB actually locked up today after waking from sleep. It wouldn't turn off from the power button, and I didn't know how to turn it off because it's got the blasted battery on it. Eventually got it to turn off by putting it back into sleep, waking from sleep, and then powering off...

gregorydanger

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2004
Michigan
howmanyhours.jpg

'Nuff said. (Eh, in all honesty, that only happened once and it eventually worked -- I just left it alone for a few minutes but I still found it.. interesting..)

Oh, and I have a stuck pixel. But it only bothers me if I'm watching a video in the area where the pixel is stuck.

Beyond that, I lovelovelove my iMac.

Stinkysteve

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2002
Westchester County, NY
My iBook G4 800 mHz will freeze up sometimes upon awakening after burning DVD's to an external FW drive.

If I disconnect the Fire Wire, before of during sleep, it's just fine.

Safari slows up every now and then, but clearing history and dumping the cache usually helps it out.

I tell my window$ friends to keep buying PC's, that way there will remain fewer virus and spyware programs for our platform.

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
A chance to denounce Macs, guilt-free!

Word processors crash when I try to print and the printer doesn't respond.

Networking with Windows is a royal pain in the arse.

My cousin's iBook has a dead pixel that she hasn't noticed (but I have... shh).

Most schools won't let you use a Mac. :(

I had to hard-restart my iMac twice when I was transferring files from a Windows box downstairs because the Windows box was on Safe Mode. :p

That does feel better.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
NEENAHBOY said:
I don't tell them that my PB is EXTREMELY picky when it comes to digital media; it'll only accept TDK.

If it's still under warranty, I would look into getting the drive replaced or something. My PB has never rejected any one brand of media, and I've thrown all sorts at it.

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
rockandrule said:
Only thing that disappoints me is the range on the PowerBook's wireless card. I have a wireless network in my dorm building's atrium, and most people can get on it in their dorms (not supposed to be able, but can. Even my friends iBook can get on in my room), but I can't. Sadness overwhelms me. And no, we're not allowed to get wireless routers either, because for some reason they'll take down our network, and that has happened wayyyy too many times.

Powerbook metal casing kills wireless range

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Kraythe said:
I would guess that your problem is that your software is not hardware and that you have no slots in which to insert your hard drive and download your small bits of DNA data.

:D :D :D :D :D

That took me a while to get... then I laughed and laughed and laghed fell on the fllor howling passed out from lack of air then got up and typed this :D

ohcrap

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2005
AP_piano295 said:
Powerbook metal casing kills wireless range
I get full signal in my room with my PowerBook, whereas I only get "Very Good" signal (Windows machine) on my PC with my Belkin wireless card. I am one floor and at least 6 or 7 walls (3 rooms) away from the router.

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
I have 7 stuck pixles on my new iMac G5... Is this a lot?

Also, if you have a lot of stuff in Dashboard, it will take a while to launch.

And in using AIM instand messenger, it can get slow and the typing will lag after a while. I don't remember it doing this on my iBook G3.

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
mad jew said:
Yes. Try massaging them gently. :)

I was gonan bring my iMac back and get a new one, but I already got it all set-up the way I wanted to. I've tried massaging them... since I really don't even notice them, should I still try to get a new one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.