what you favorite mac game????????

Discussion in 'Games' started by tsballer, Mar 17, 2005.

1. tsballer macrumors newbie

I was about to go and spend 300 hundered dollars on a gig of memory so that i could play doom 3 i found out that it was not worth it.so my other choices were sim city 4,call of duty,or unreal tournament.

out of those witch should i get.If you dont agree with those please tell me what good games there are.thanks

2. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

It depends on the kind of game you like. If it were me, I'd go for simcity 4, as I love simulation games, and it'd keep me busy for hours. I guess if I wanted some quick fun, I'd go for unreal 2004. Never played call of duty, as I don't really like FPS games too much. I had doom 3 for PC and beat it, and it's definitely not what everyone says it is. It was a pretty good fps, the story was good, the graphics were really good, but the game dragged on and got boring after a while. Oh, and the ending SUCKED. LOL, sorry, I got carried away.

3. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

I just started Doom 3, and its a pretty cool game. Sim City 4 is also good.

4. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

Escape Velocity Nova From Ambrosia, its a few years old but Mac OS X native, and freaking awesome no less. I've been playing since the original Escape Velocity on the first Macaddict disk. It's 25 bucks and you won't be dissapointed. Otherwise World of Warcraft is great, even though I'm on Hyjal it it is one of the infamous 20, still great.

5. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

6. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

Call of Duty is a great game. Multi player is a lot of fun. Get some friends together for a weekend of pizza and fragging.

7. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Why isnt it worth it?

8. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Out of the games you mentioned Call of Duty is the one I prefer, Call of Duty : United Offensive is great too, but my all time favourite game on any platform including Mac is World of Warcraft - that game is like crack!

9. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I'd go with Call of Duty. Single player is a little bit short but it's fun, and there are plenty of multiplayer servers with plenty of people. If you like Call of Duty it expansion pack (United Offensive) is worth geting.

10. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

UT2004 out of those 3. World of Warcraft is currently the best game out there. I haven't bought a single other game since it came out. That's how good it is.

11. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Hyjal poor soul...

But yeah he is right EVN is great very fun game. World of Warcraft is also lots of fun.

12. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I haven't played any of those. WoW won't run on my machine. But I can belevie you. I only recently bought another Xbox Game, I've been to busy playing Halo 2 online. And I know I'll continue to play Halo 2 for a long time to come. I played Age of Mythology for a very long time at when point...for about half of 2004.

13. Echinda macrumors regular

World of warcraft - but be warned, it is way too addictive - i have sworn off for a couple of weeks because I need to catch up on my sleep.

14. TheGimp macrumors 6502

I hate Unreal Tournament, but Call of Duty and Halo are both excellent games. Return to Castle Wolfenstein is a must if you haven't already.

15. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Maybe I'm lucky my machine can't run it...If it could I'd get it. Right now I'm too wrapped up with other games to buy another for a long time. Mainly Call of Duty: United Offensive and Halo 2.

16. rccola70 macrumors regular

Command & Conquer Generals and its expansion, Zero Hour and Call of Duty like everyone else is saying...

17. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

I am a HUGE fan of Star Wars games so I think my all-time favorite would have to be Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. This game is very fun to play, the graphics are cool, and the lightsaber effects are pretty neat.

On another note, I can't wait to pick up World of Warcraft. I'veheard nothing but incredible reviews of the game so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Also, I hope Halo 2 comes to the Mac soon. When I say soon, I mean in the next two years.

18. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

I totally agree. UT2K4 was kind of boring. I played it on my PC and uninstalled it after an hour. Call of Duty and its expansion packs are tons of fun. I love WWII games!! Medal of Honor is really awesome too. The D-Day level is insane. Coming up the beach really gets your pulse going when there's a thousand bullets flying past your head!!

Return to Castle Wolfenstein never gets old. I've played it and beaten it several times and I enjoy it every time. It'll always be one of my favorites.

19. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Please dont say that UT2004 os boring... tastes differ, you know :rolleyes:

As for JK2: Jedi Outcast:

I don't like the single player, there are a lot of quests there and it has little combat... tastes differ of course...

From all the StarWars games that I've played:
    JK2:JO
    Knights of the Old Republic
    and some others I can say that my absolute favorite is KOTOR :D

20. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I have to disagree with the D-Day level...storming up those beaches took me forever. I kept geting nailed with machine gun fired :p Other then that though Medal of Honor: Allied Assualt was pretty damn fun. As for Call of Duty, I'm yet to play a better WWII FPS. The orginal is one of my all time favorite games. United Offensive multiplayer is "da bomb" (I should never say that again).

21. Pugdawg1 macrumors member

I'd love to find some good games that are free. Anything like that? Or not super expensive? I'm not a huge game person myself, so I'm rather clueless,but the thing is that my father had a heart attack a couple days ago, he is still in ICU, but when he comes home, he'll be out of work for 3-6 weeks at least, and I figure a game or two to occupy some of his time, would be a good thing. He is also on a G5. Has DSL, so some games online maybe would be cool.

Thanks.. sorry to ask, I imagine there are some threads, but I don't know if I am coming or going right now. I'll pop back in and see if y'all are kind enough to leave a couple links or something. Anything. Thank You. Or if I get time, I'll search on my own.

thanks

22. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

If your dad likes FPS Americas Army is a great multiplayer freeware game. www.americasarmy.com/