Whata speed Batman!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mymemory, Jul 16, 2004.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Dudes! for all of you, I have a 12" Powerbook 1GHz with 1,256MB of Ram and a pair of PB G3 500 with 256MB each.

Now, the 12" HD is damage and I sent it to Apple. The hard drive speed was 4200rpm...

A friend of mine told me that the problem with the Macs was the HD speed, they were too slow. So, I got a 7200rpm 60GB hard drive and as I do not have my 12" back yet I installed in to one of the Pismos.... OH-MY-GOD!

This Pismos is even faster than the 12" but at list twice! I am not kidding, all the windows are opening so fast, everything opens 3 times faster than with the 12" PB and it is a G3 500 with only 256MB of Ram and 8MB of Video Ram.

Guys! I beg you to throw your hard drive to the trash and get new ones with 7200rpm. It is amazing to work like this.

I'm really considering to upgrade my Pismos to 1GB of ram and change the processor as well. It is worth it. It is going to cost me at list $400 but is going to be so much fun to have this things back on track :)

2. wrxsti86 macrumors newbie

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

...oh good, another thread from mymemory about his hard drives...:rolleyes:

I would love to see you get in front of a G5 with a 10k SATA raptor drive, I think you'd pass out from all the excitement!

4. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    yeah i'd love to get a 7200 RPM HD for my PB but they only went up to 60GB last time i looked and i'm having trouble with free space on my current 80GB!