Whatever happened to Philips and Rendezvous?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by vniow, May 8, 2003.

1. vniow macrumors G4

Back around September of last year, there was a lot of hype surrounding Rendezvous and possible uses of it, Philips Electronics was also a big part of that hype with their CEO stating that Rendezvous would be implemented into their home-theatre equipment by sometime next year........well its next year already and the latest info I can find on it is a press release on September 10, 2002, this was one of the most hyped uses of Rendezvous that came out of that whole announcement and there's been nothing since.

We should have heard at least something by now, its five months into the year already, even if its just an announcement of a soon-to-hit-the-market product.

What gives?

2. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

they're waiting for the new "communication device" that apple is going to reveal. their product will work hand-in-hand with that, as of yet unknown, device.

kidding, of course. my guess would be either
    1) they were only trying to stimulate hype by jumping on the bandwagon of new technology
    2) they have run into unexpected problems integrating the technology into their hardware
    3) they're just really slow at developing things
    4) they can't come up with any good ideas (in which case, everyone in charge of coming up wth ideas should be fired. it shouldn't be that hard)

any of those could be a valid reason, but i suppose we will just have to wait and see if they ever end up coming up with anything. if they do, we will have to see how wonderful an idea it is, or how complicated the idea was to implement. hopefully they will come out with something really great... and soon!