Whatever happened to the IRC channel?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by vniow, Mar 30, 2007.

1. vniow macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.

This was pretty active for a couple years and then it just died. Given I was a pretty active member at that time I have a good idea why (or at least partially). I also seem to remember there being a Chat tab where all the others are but its gone now, or maybe I was mistaken.

Every once in awhile someone will ask about a Macrumors chat room and I'll always mention the official IRC channel and then someone else will say that its dead and there's no one talking in it. The reason being that only few know that it even existed.

I vote to have this publicised again. Something more prominent like a Chat tab like I mentioned before with a link to that page or something a bit more updated (without the link to MRChat, its an old and horribly outdated app). Or something. Some way people can actually know about it again. Its still open year round for a reason and it would be a pity for it not to be taken advantage of.
  2. MacNut macrumors Core

Jan 4, 2002
    I second the idea to bring it back, a lot of usefulness can come of it.
  3. risc macrumors 68030

Jul 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'll stick to #MacOSX on irc.freenode.net 200+ active members is a lot better than hoping #MacRumors comes back to life. :)