Whats a good notebook briefcase

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by slipper, Mar 24, 2004.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

i love my incase but i need something with room for paperwork. does incase make a notebook briefcase? or is there one you would recommend?

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I've been using a Tom Bihn Empire Builder for a few months now, and pretty much love it. It's kinda pricey, but not too bad compared to comparable pieces of gear. Before that, I was using a Tom Bihn Monolith that slipped into my backpack. All his stuff offers excellent protection for you laptop. The Empire Builder has lots of room, and comes with 3 dividers that keep your papers organized and prevent them from getting squished or otherwise mangled while loose in your briefcase. The Absolute shoulder strap is comfortable and very sturdy.

My wife uses the Tom Bihn ID case for her iBook, and while it is an excellent case as well, there isn't quite as much room left over for papers and such after the laptop insert is put in.

3. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

i love my incase so much i guess ill just be getting a carrying case and stick the incase and iBook in there.

4. Stevp1 macrumors regular

It's heavy, but I wouldn't trade my Pelican case for anything. It has an expanding pocket under the lid that could carry papers. I have my spare battery, manual, and some cd's in it.

5. noirluispher macrumors newbie

What model number is this? Thanks

6. lewdvig macrumors 65816

I really like McKlein bags. They are super nice and come in a few styles. Very distinguished - nicer than the crappy nylon stuff.

The first one I bought was $200 CDN but I got a deal on a smaller one for $60 CDN (both leather).

7. Stevp1 macrumors regular

It's the 1490 series. You have to kind of customize the foam bottom, but I have room for my 17"PB and the power supply on the side in a seperate compartment.