What's all this then?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Feb 3, 2004.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

2. Desertrat macrumors newbie

:D I see the mideast is still the mideast, no matter who thinks "I'm in control."

Sorta reminds me of an older Frenchman I met in Paris in 1956, who in the midst of "thises and thatses" of chit chat mentioned his regret of the passing of the good old days of 1945. It seems he had bought an entire US battalion motor pool of jeeps and trucks. He paid the colonel in charge $80,000. Quite a profitable deal, considering that's some 60 vehicles in all, mas o menos.

He gave me a standing offer of $4,000 each for any blank US passports I could get for him from our Hq. I passed the deal. :)

200 bulldozers? Helluva deal!

'Rat

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Is this another reason you supported the war? 'Cuz this was one of the big things in the NO column for me. Or do you simply consider this SOP, or Dangfino?

5. wwworry macrumors regular

The problem here is that our guy is somehow involved in this - not "those crazy arabs".

6. Desertrat macrumors newbie

"Is this another reason you supported the war?"

No, mac. Honestly, I had flatout forgotten about what tends to happen after the main shooting stops and the "rebuilding" begins. As always, "Cherchez le moolah." I'm a bit startled, however, given the numbers of press folks running around all over the place. It's a lot harder to get away with stuff than was the case in the post-WW II era.

The money in the airplane has to be some sort of ripoff or con. Legitimate deals of that sort are paid for by wire transfer or equivalent.

And how do you hide the movement of 200 bulldozers? Sheesh!

'Rat

7. diamond geezer thread starter macrumors regular

link

The link is free, but the story costs.

Sorry