what's better?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xagoldsteinx, Feb 15, 2006.

1. xagoldsteinx macrumors member

camino

or

firefox?

haven't tried camino yet. is it good?

2. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

You should really just search.

But Camino. It is lighter and has more of the OSX look to it. If you want plugins and such use firefox.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Depends how many extensions you use, if you use a lot then stick with Firefox...

I use camino and like it but it has its disadvantages (mainly find isn't as good as firefox as they don't have a find bar yet)

Apart from that is really good, it loads quicker than firefox and bookmarks etc. are better... But I would recommend getting CamiTools and spoofing your web browser to Firefox 1.5 (using CamiTools) as most websites recognise firefox (and they use exactly the same rendering engine so the display pages exactly the same...) but not Camino so it may not display properly...

TBH You might as well install it and give it a whirl anyway, your on a Mac so having lots of applications installed won't clog up the registry or slow down your computer so why not?

This has bad point too as it means I download and install (and mostly don't use) anything vaguely useful...

4. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

Neither. I use Firefox for the time being.

5. rdf8585 macrumors regular

Firefox is better, but that's just my opinion. Camino is solid, though.

6. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

Why not just download Camino and make your own opinion of it? :p

7. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

Camino is the better browser unless you use extensions. If not, there isn't really a good reason to use Firefox over it.

8. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

People say camimo looks better, but if you ask me they are the same... Both with their upside down (ironically the right way up) tab-bars... Ah well, safari rules, other then it's nasty eBay habits.

9. Pedro. macrumors newbie

Camino to me is way better than any other web browser including safari with its stupid keyboard shortcuts.

10. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I use Safari but I think Camino looks better than Firefox.

11. Mr. Mister macrumors 6502

Firefox is much better. Much more full-featured, themeable, and Camino manages to be a Cocoa app yet NOT ALLOW THE MAC OS X INTEGRATED SPELLCHECK TO WORK IN TEXT FIELDS. The aforementioned really frustrated me, while there's a spellcheck plugin for Firefox.

12. TheMasin9 macrumors 6502a

TheMasin9

um safari

ill stick with my safari thank you...

13. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

I would say Firefox - it is more 'comfortable' - I seem to use it more than safari now.