What's Coming From Apple in 2016: Apple Watch 2, iPhone 6c, iPhone 7, Skylake MacBooks, and More

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 31, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

With the launch of the Apple Watch, the iPhone 6s and the 6s Plus, the new Apple TV, and the iPad Pro, 2015 was a major year for Apple. The Apple Watch introduced a whole new category, the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus saw the debut of 3D Touch, and the iPad Pro brought Apple's largest iOS device yet.

iOS 9, watchOS 2, and OS X 10.11 El Capitan brought refinements to Apple's operating systems, and the fourth-generation Apple TV came with a brand new operating system, tvOS. 2015 saw a huge number of new products and software updates, and 2016 promises to be just as exciting.

[​IMG]

A second-generation Apple Watch is in the works and could launch in early 2016, while new flagship iPhones, the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus, are coming in late 2016. Those who love smaller devices will be excited to hear a 4-inch iPhone 6c may be coming early in 2016, and Apple's Mac lineup is expected to gain Skylake chip updates.

New software, including iOS 10, OS X 10.12, watchOS 3, and an upgraded version of tvOS are all expected in 2016, and Apple will undoubtedly work on improving services like HomeKit, apple pay, and Apple Music.

As we did for 2014 and 2015, we've highlighted Apple's prospective 2016 product plans, outlining what we might see from Apple over the course of the next 12 months based on current rumors, past releases, and logical upgrade choices.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: What's Coming From Apple in 2016: Apple Watch 2, iPhone 6c, iPhone 7, Skylake MacBooks, and More

2. street.cory macrumors 6502

street.cory

I don't really understand what value there is to adding a camera to the watch. I haven't ever found myself wanting or needing a camera.

Any ideas?

3. garirry macrumors 65816

garirry

I'm damn excited to see what could be introduced next year. 2015 was amazing (with its shares of failures) and hopefully we get an even better result in 2016.

4. Jynto, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015

Jynto macrumors 6502

Jynto

No word on any of the Mac product lines, which are almost all due for an update.

Edit: I was wrong. Arn himself proved me wrong and now I look like a fool. :oops: Don't make the same mistake I did. If the article is new, and the thread is still in its first page, stop. Think before you write a comment.

5. jclo Editor

jclo

Staff Member

Full post includes the entire Mac lineup.

6. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Macs are discussed in detail. You have to read the full article

7. carrrrrlos macrumors 6502

carrrrrlos

Looking forward to an upgraded 4" iPhone and the second gen Apple Watch - which I’ve been holding out for.

8. navaira macrumors 68030

navaira

9. oneMadRssn macrumors 68030

oneMadRssn

10. jclo Editor

jclo

Staff Member

11. Mr Fusion macrumors 6502a

Mr Fusion

"Little is known" isn't a discussion. There are a number of deficiencies with the MacBook that should be addressed next revision, and the MacBook Pro's overdue for exterior design changes. I wish like the OP there were more supply chain rumors regarding these topics than the usual iGadget info, but apparently Macs have simply been forgotten. :(

I'm looking for a couple of new laptops to replace a pair of aging 2011 Macbook Airs, and I'm really hoping 2016 is the year Apple releases something that stands out to me. :)

12. furi0usbee macrumors 68000

furi0usbee

LOL. First, I need a reason for the Apple Watch. Camera...

13. wilhelmer macrumors member

The next iPhone won't be called iPhone 7. It will be called the :apple: Phone. You heard it here first.

14. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

it wont be called iPhone 6c.

it will most likely be called iPhone mini, which sounds rubbish

15. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 68040

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Maybe the purpose of it is to not make gen 1 owners not feel bad? I know I, for one, would not at all be tempted to upgrade if a camera were the big selling point. (honestly I can't see Apple doing that however)

16. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

I'm dreaming about switching from a 2013 iMac to 13" Retina MacBook w/ 5k Thunderbolt display for my photography business but no work on a Thunderbolt Display. Guess I'll have to look at third-party options if I want to go this route. At least it'll probably be cheaper this way.

17. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

This piece should be titled what MR thinks is coming. All of this is speculation.

18. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

iPhone 6C phone is the 2015/16 version of the PowerBook G5 joke

19. johnnyturbouk macrumors demi-god

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    People said exactly this to me when I took pics on my Nokia camera phone back on 2004.

20. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

A good guess but I highly doubt the most iconic product that Apple has (arguably) every produced will be changing it's name. The name "Apple" could almost be considered synonymous with the name "iPhone" at this point.

21. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Is far to iconic name to be changed now. After almost a decade? No chance!! Perhaps just iPhone, but not Apple phone.

22. askunk macrumors member

askunk

and a Broadwell-EP Mac Pro! and new Thunderbolt displays! and iPad Pro 2! :D

23. johnnyturbouk macrumors demi-god

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    Yes, but the magic is real!

24. pelegri macrumors newbie

I agree; I don't see the use for a camera.

GPS and waterproof would be nice for runners and swimmers, with extra care on power consumption.
    A 5GHz WiFi would be nice too.
    Now and then I'd like my Apple Watch to connect via cellular, but the power consumption would have to be managed very carefully.

Mostly I want more WatchOS 2 apps and more Apple Pay pay points.

25. ^^BIGMac macrumors 6502

^^BIGMac