What's eating my iPod space?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by spriter, Mar 16, 2007.

1. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

I always wondered what the 'Other' part (orange bar) for iPod summary meant. Does anyone know?

My 80GB iPod has data enabled but even so, that only takes 767.5MB compared to the 1.9GB iTunes says my iPod has used up for 'Other' things.

My audio adds up, so does the video (TV Shows + Movies) and I have 1 game (Mahjong). That's it. So what's using that extra gig+ of space?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Album art most likely, judging by the size of your library. Do you have album art enabled? If you want the space back, you could always disable it. :)

3. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

It could also be your pics from iphoto. The game is also in there. I use mine as a jump drive sometimes, but you would remeber doing that.

4. spriter thread starter macrumors 65816

spriter

I guess it could be Album Art... wait that folder in my iTunes folder is 102MB. It's not iPhoto since I don't sync photos (I use LightRoom). Maybe it will be freed up if I do a full re-sync :confused:

tt's not critical because I've loads of space left but a whole gigabyte is quite alot to go missing.

5. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

Is it possible that space is being taken up by album art stored within the song files? If you've used iTunes to get all of your artwork this won't be the issue. iTunes stores the album art separate but art you've added yourself will be stored with each individual track.