what's else comes with the powerbook?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by nataku, May 3, 2005.

1. nataku macrumors regular

nataku

hey guys. gonna get my powerbook really soon. :D just one question... do i get an extra mouse or keyboard or something? havent really asked this to the sales rep. thanks bunch!

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

From what I understand, no.

A good indication of what comes with it would be a total shipping quote from the Apple online store. I had a cart emailed to me from Apple when I was considering buying a Powerbook. I don't recall the quote including a keyboard or mouse.

Besides that gives you lots of options for aftermarket keyboards and mice if you like.

Welcome to Macrumors!!

3. andrewfee macrumors 6502

With my PowerBook I got the software, the machine itself, power brick with two plugs (note: the one with a cable is preferable, the short one isn't grounded) DVI > VGA cable, s-video to composite adapter, and a phone cable. I'm sure there was something else, but I can't think what now.

I didn't think I'd like a laptop keyboard, but since getting the machine, I've not wanted to use an external one, as the PowerBook one is so good. (and it's backlit on the 15"/17" models!)

One thing I do miss though is a numpad, and there's enough room for one on the 17" :(