what's else comes with the powerbook?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by nataku, May 3, 2005.

1. nataku macrumors regular

May 1, 2005
    The Demilitarized Zone
    hey guys. gonna get my powerbook really soon. :D just one question... do i get an extra mouse or keyboard or something? havent really asked this to the sales rep. thanks bunch!
  2. 840quadra Moderator

Staff Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Twin Cities Minnesota
    From what I understand, no.

A good indication of what comes with it would be a total shipping quote from the Apple online store. I had a cart emailed to me from Apple when I was considering buying a Powerbook. I don't recall the quote including a keyboard or mouse.

Besides that gives you lots of options for aftermarket keyboards and mice if you like.

Welcome to Macrumors!!
  3. andrewfee macrumors 6502

Aug 29, 2004
    With my PowerBook I got the software, the machine itself, power brick with two plugs (note: the one with a cable is preferable, the short one isn't grounded) DVI > VGA cable, s-video to composite adapter, and a phone cable. I'm sure there was something else, but I can't think what now.

I didn't think I'd like a laptop keyboard, but since getting the machine, I've not wanted to use an external one, as the PowerBook one is so good. (and it's backlit on the 15"/17" models!)

One thing I do miss though is a numpad, and there's enough room for one on the 17" :(