What's everyone up to?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by someguy, Jul 20, 2006.

1. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

It's quarter-to-11pm here in Michigan, and I'm home alone until Sunday night. My better half is visiting her parents in Indiana, so I've got the place to myself. I'm lounging around, watching Scarface and surfing the net, and also looking for strange or funny things in Google Earth. :D

I've got a couple cans of Pepsi, a glass full of ice, and Cheez-It Crisps (Four Cheese... mmmm) so I'm set for a few hours.

What is everyone else up to? :)

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I'm hoping to join a strip contest tonight, but I was part of it last week and I don't know if you can join multiple times.

In any case, I'm going dancing tonight, and I plan on having fun doing it!

e

3. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

Personally I'm bored out of my mind in this prison I call "home"

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Trying to do as much surfing as I can before I can't stand sitting anymore and head back to lying in bed.

Surgery recovery sucks. :(

5. CompUser Guest

Well my mom stole my PowerBook and iBook because I woke up 10 min before I had to leave for an appointment. I got ready in 7min (shower, cloths, brushed teeth, etc) and was out the door before she was. She refuses to give them back to me. I called her some nasty names so she walks over to my desk and takes my BT mouse, my iPod Case (but not my iPod), and my HiFi remote control (LOL). I am now searching the house for my computers. I have looked in my parents bedroom, the kitchen, the family room, the dining room, the living room, closets, all the bathrooms, the garage, parts of the basement, in chests, in drawers, in cabnets, in all the cars, and I cannot find them anywhere. Maybe she threw them away. So I am really bored now. She fineally went to bed so now I am in the office using my PC (before I was using a Wi-Fi sony clie).

If you were a hidden laptop computer, where would you be?

6. eidrunner247 macrumors 6502

Under the the Invisible Cloak watching Harry Potter on DVD of course!

7. Kaioshin macrumors member

Kaioshin

I just finished my work for today* (It's 5:37 AM here). I should go to bed or something, but I don't feel tired enough to do it.

I'll just do waht I always do in this situation - browse the web, browse wikipedia, program something (still learning how to use Xcode properly), chat using AdiumX/IRC...

* yesterday, really.

8. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

Did you check the 'roof space' - if you don't have an attic you can still get into the space above your ceiling - this is where my parents used to hide our Christmas presents when I was young and Santa still loved me. Now that I know differently the presents are under the tree - anyway, check the space above the ceiling and below the roof!

Good luck hunting...

9. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Check her closet, if you can.

10. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

There was a guy the other day plotting to get his 'Book back, you two should hook up and share info.

11. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm trying to find my carkeys but can't tear my eyes away from my new Dell 2407FPW. I'm going by touch. This could take a while... :eek:

12. CrEsTo macrumors 6502

CrEsTo

13. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

14. CompUser Guest

I have looked everywhere. I have looked in my parents bedroom (under bed, drawers, closets), I've looked in all the bathrooms, the family room, living room, dining room, kitchen, bonus room, office, other bedrooms garage, storage room, all the cars, and I cannot find it anywhere. I have looked in chests, hutches, even inside of the piano.

I have even thought of reversing reverse pschologic thinking (does that make any sense). I looked in my room to see if she somehow hid them in there.

As for hiding it in the attic- there are no floors in there and the only way to get into there is in my closet though a hatchway that requires a ladder.

15. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

At the moment? I'm banging my head on my table. Over. And Over. And Over Again.

Why? Boredom. And Fear of CO School of Mines.

I'll be doing this for the next 30 days...

16. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I'm watching a documentary on DJ Premier.

Yes, I'm a rap geek.

17. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Sipping on some apple cider. Waiting for close-to-midnight so I can catch a midnight showing of The Royal Tenenbaums at a local theater. :D (Don't worry, I won't be driving.)

18. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Just got back from a nice Friday lunch with me Ma and sister.

Probably off to the pub soon.

That's about it really.

19. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Playing with the new tivo, I don't know how I ever lived without this thing.

20. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I've pretty much done nothing productive all day. Read, MRed (it's a separate verb now), watched DVDs and ate.

Work called a while ago so I'm doing some crappy late shift (6-11) tonight. :(

21. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Well, I was trying to get my Duo to talk to my G3, but both need a system reinstall, so I've given up. Uh... so now I'm watching HGTV and trying to get good ideas for setting up my new apartment in the fall. I'm so fun.

22. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I was out with friends for dinner and stuff™.

Then I went on a late night photo safari.

Now I'm doing post on my pictures/sitting around.

23. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

24. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

I just got back from the pub - nothing really going on, so no need for you to bother going. Besides, I already got the cute waitresses phone number. Time for bed now.

25. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Right now it's 11PM and I'm posting on 4 different forums, encoding video, talking on aMSN, listening to my iPod, checking my mail and playing super smash brothers melee in the meantime. Earlier I tried to put mac os x on my pc and failed misserably for the 4th day straight :eek:. And I was thinking of what I could sell besides my computers to get a brand new MBP merom once they come out.