Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dewroo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Tilton, NH.
So my wonderful iMac is running lion, DP2 with the new upgrade,
and before it was able to display everything correctly, with no problems.
but now, every things going haywire.
and it's annoying, and it's going to kill some of my productivity too.
D;

unledzs.png

I've tried enabling Quartz 2D, Quartz GL, and i have fixed all permissions.

Dewroo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Tilton, NH.
The only thing you would want to do is:

An clean install as that seems weird and I have never noticed it before.

Which iMac is that btw?

It is a late 2006 iMac. look down on my signature for the details about it. so far, it's been running lion like a dream. DP2 update 1 is very fast on this machine, i must add.

call me foolish, but i made all the wrong steps when installing lion on this Mac.

I installed it over my SL installation, and i have not had a clean install on this machine since 2009.

I'm very dumb. maybe i deserve this.

I plan on finally doing a clean install, but i'd need an external hard drive to save all the data onto it first. I do not have the resources to do that. so i risk everything anyway for lion.

but seriously, what in the OS is causing the lack of reflections and incorrect rendering. it's really bothering me.

dethmaShine

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2010
Into the lungs of Hell
It is a late 2006 iMac. look down on my signature for the details about it. so far, it's been running lion like a dream. DP2 update 1 is very fast on this machine, i must add.

That's fine. Wait for others to confirm if there are any issues with the particular iMac. Also,
call me foolish, but i made all the wrong steps when installing lion on this Mac.

I installed it over my SL installation, and i have not had a clean install on this machine since 2009.

I'm very dumb. maybe i deserve this.

If that's the case, then you certainly deserve that.

Are you a developer?

In any case, make another partition and install SL on it.

I plan on finally doing a clean install, but i'd need an external hard drive to save all the data onto it first. I do not have the resources to do that. so i risk everything anyway for lion.

but seriously, what in the OS is causing the lack of reflections and incorrect rendering. it's really bothering me.

You should've had a back up already and shouldn't have used the already existing SL partition.

Take it as a lesson. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.