What's going on?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iGav, Nov 7, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

I'm winding down after a frenetic day, I've got 'Beaucoup Fish' soundtracking a 4 pack of Strongbow, you know... just chillin' :)

Yet everytime I open a can I get drenched, for the 3rd can in a row now I look like I've pissed myself, honestly... you would've thought that after the 1st drenching I might have been a bit more careful, and that the 2nd time would've really have galvanised it... but no, not me... :rolleyes: I feel like the centre of attention in a bukkake movie.

And I hate wasting the golden stuff, if I hadn't have worn my combats for 2 days straight now, I'd be sucking on them such is the sacrilegiousness of the situation.

So yeah... what's going on in the world when 3 cans of the good stuff decide to drench you? :(

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

*phew* if you'd been spilling cans of the irish black s*** I'd have been quite upset :p

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Don't they also make cider in large plastic bottles?
    Simply perfect for that day or night out on the town. :D

You'd also meet some interesting people who wouldn't care about the state of your combats.

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Personally, I can't wait to hear what happens when you open the fourth can... :D

5. Lau Guest

Perhaps you have a particularly jaunty walk, therefore shaking them up on the way back from the offy?

Me neither - keep us posted. Possibly with pics/video? :D

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

If it's possible, the image of that walk is actually funnier than the spillage :eek: :p

7. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

If I could walk that way...:D

I imagine being splashed with cider is a great deal more fun than anything involving bukkake, but that's just my personal opinion. ;)

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Its not just yours - I just recently found out what bukkake was (thanks to someone posting a reference/link here that has been since removed - bleh) and I think I'll pass on it in the future.

So the question now is obviously what happened with the 4th one....

D

9. Lau Guest

I meant the cans! <shocked> :p

10. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

You bastard! You made me snort diet coke through my nostrils! That is some serioulsy funny S***. I have not laughed that hard in days... thanks!

Seriuosly... sometimes, cans (and occassionally bottles) go through a very strange physical change when I pull them from the fridge... a can of beer that has been sitting placidly in the fridge for hours will spray me like a geyser when I open it. Crazy! I then have to clean up my little kitchen immediately, as I love a clean kitchen. They sell Guiness in a can here, with some elaborate CO2 system with a ball inside it. It works well, but when it decides to spray ya... oh, the horror: wasted Guiness everywhere... I stopped drinking it here back home: drinking Guiness on Dame Street in Dublin, literally down the Quay where it is made, it just does not compare to the Guiness here. Someone told me that Guiness sold in America is actually brewed in China; is this correct? I know that the alcohol level is lower here... and how can tiny Ireland possibly produce all the Guiness that Americans chug down?

11. emw macrumors G4

emw

Can #1: *fshhhhht* Goddammit!

Can #2: Well, I'm sure whatever happened the first time was a fluke. *fshhhhht* Goddammit!

Can #3: Well, my pants are already soaked, and besides I can't have 3 out of 4 cans causing problems. *fshhhhht* Goddammit!

Can #4: There's no way in hell it can happen 4 times, no matter how jaunty my walk was. *fshhhhht* Goddammit! Hmmm, maybe two days isn't quite so bad. Besides, this stuff will kill bacteria, right? Hate to waste it. *zzzzip* *mmmph*

12. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Oh, you should try Nigerian Guinness. Mm-mmm...
    You can occasionally find it in some small shops in London.

Nigerian Guinness

13. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

7.5% ABV - right on!

I'll try anything once when it comes to beer, bring on the Nigerian stuff.

LOL, that certainly sounds like a lot.

Hee hee, yeah. I used to hang out with a girl whos last name rhymed with bukkake, and we used to call her that when we got drunk. It was really funny after she looked up what it meant. :D :rolleyes:

Ahh, good times.....

14. Lau Guest

Hmmm, iGav, as it is at least 55 minutes since you opened the 3rd can, you are either a big girl, or you have opened the 4th can AND YOU HAVEN'T TOLD/SHOWED US WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU DID!

;)

15. emw macrumors G4

emw

The 4th can exploded on his Mac.

16. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

I've heard of Nigerian Guiness. Never tried it. Apparently, it is not brewed with Barley :eek:

Wonder what they use instead...

BTW, I miss London terribly. Who can talk their employer into issuing me a work Visa? Come on! I'll buy you Guiness!

edit: got it. Sorghum, maize. Interesting!

17. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

...and knocked him out.

18. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Or he's too busy gnashing his hair out and pouring dirt from his plant pots over his head.

19. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

you mean just like Shaft... :D yojiveassmutha' :D

*strokes chin* interesting, I actually bought the Strongbow last Thursday... hmmmmm. Raising the stakes... I have a '95 vintage can of Strongbow, with an expiry date of 28/04/96... :eek: I wonder what damage it could do when unleashed? :D

Let's just hope the stains ain't as hard to shift 'eh??? heheheh.

Anyway, sorry folks, a bottle of wine got in the way... :D

20. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I'm with Lau on this one – you need to get a webcam set up for when you open that baby. :D

21. emw macrumors G4

emw

"got in the way" as in "drank it instead of opening the 4th can"??

If not, we're all sitting here wondering about that 4th can.

22. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

The f**kin' the 4th can did exactly the same pardon my french. :rolleyes: not on me though this time. ;)

I see a pattern emerging... I bet the 5th will as well. :eek: :D

23. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I'm not sure if I should you know... it's corroding the can :eek: I sh*t you not. :eek:

24. Flenz macrumors member

Hey... I heard about snorting coke, but DIET coke...! that's just ridiculous :D

Flenz

25. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

The Guinness where you are tastes better than the Guinness from Dublin? :eek: I'm confused ... I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before in my life! The Guinness in Dublin Tastes 10X better than anywhere else I've tasted it!