What's going to be introduced at Paris?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by turtlebud, Aug 14, 2006.

1. turtlebud macrumors 6502

iPhone? new iPod nano? the long rumored full screen video iPod? Anything else? I wasn't suprised that none of these made it in to WWDC as it is for developers, (though I was hoping for better revisions/updates to the displays).

2. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

New iMac but it will be called "Royale with cheese."

Has there been any word on a SteveNote.

4. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

Powerbook......G5.....joke........used......so......much...............must......remain.......calm.........

Ok. I'm ok. Really I am. I don't know if anything will be introduced this year as nothing was introduced last year. Let's hope we get lucky though.

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Hopefully a freaking Paris store, 10.5 million people (and 70 million in France) are waiting.

Or at least I am :)

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Nothing introduced?!?

I buggered up a Chemistry presentation procrastinating whilst waiting for that damned .Mac update. Geeze I was annoyed...

At least AEP's keynote (if there is one) is at a reasonable hour, MWSF starts around 4am, WWDC at around 3am but AEP is around 7pm.

7. alec macrumors regular

No word on a Steve-note yet. But... let's remain hopeful

8. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

Damn that .mac is a hell of a product!:p

I just hope they return to introducing products and can deliver me some mac lovin'

9. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

10. YoYoMa macrumors 6502

Paris is Sept 12-16. Am I right in saying that this is the last Apple show before the holidays?

11. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I'd say the MacBook Pro, Mini, and iMac are the most due for udgrages, or upgrades, if you will.

12. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

throw in updated Nanos and iPods to that as well and that's a good lot of it, they're very due and it would be perfect to get new products in the consumer's eye right before the start of the holiday season.

13. tekmoe macrumors 68000

i feel ya man. the powerbook g5 isn't even a joke anymore. it's uber lame. it's like the "yo mama" phrase back from the early 90's.

14. s0x™ macrumors member

......"yo mama"

:rolleyes: j/k

15. djkny macrumors 6502

The Core 2 Duo MBP's will be announced on Tues September 5, with shipping to be expected in 2-3 weeks time.

Buy a MBP around Aug 25 and you'll have the "update" safety net.

16. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Yeah. I imagine the most interesting of the updates will make it to the show, the speed bumps/capacity upgrades will probably happen some other time with little fanfare.

17. btgordon macrumors member

What are you basing that on, besides the recent stories saying "shipping late august/early september"?

However, I would find that extremely like. But I also found the idea of an update to the MBP at WWDC extremely likely.

18. meanpeoplesuck macrumors member

I'm new to all things Apple, and I'm wondering if they usually reveal products at a show like this and then have them available in their online store the next day?
    Or could it be a month long wait even?

19. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

I know how you feel :p

I'm hoping that at Paris (or within a month or two), both the MacBook and MacBook Pro (as well as the Mac Mini) get Merom. I'm also hoping that the iMac gets a 2.4 GHz Conroe (but I'm still unsure of if it will get Conroe or not). iPhone? Unlikely, but still possible.

20. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Most of the time, the stuff they announce is available to order online at the end of the announcement - shipping may take a few days though. Some things are even available for purchase in the proper stores on the day of the announcement (iPod shuffle).

Apple will always give an expected ship date when they announce a product.

21. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Wild guess (beased on what we know Intel is, or will be shipping over the three months)

Given the time it took for Apple to get Woodcrest systems out - i.e. not actually announce them until they have product to ship - the timing is about right for Conroe Core 2 Duo iMacs (figure 2.13 and 2.4 Ghz). Core 2 Duo in laptops will probably show up in the MacBook Pro range a month or so later. Figure the MacBook and the Mini will refresh early in the new year so Apple can say their entire range is 64 bit by the time 10.5 comes out.

Oh - and a refresh to the Nano. More memory and a new Al case perhaps?

Think a true video iPod (as opposed to the current iPod that also does video) is going to have to wait until they get all the licencing sorted out for iTunes movie store (or whatever it is going to be). Probably tie in with some of those 10.5 features they didn't want to show us yet.

22. meanpeoplesuck macrumors member

Brilliant, thanks Chundles :)

23. ascender macrumors 68000

The iMac seems to be well overdue an update, but there doesn't seem to be much rumours or news about it. I think I might just buy one this week anyway, the udpates can't be that significant can they?

24. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

Jobs is going to do a Google search for 'french military victories' and use the 'I'm Feeling Lucky' button.

25. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

From what I've been told -not really. Big updates are next year?