What's Hot

Discussion in 'Games' started by robotrenegade, Mar 10, 2004.

1. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

2. zodiac macrumors member

Playstation!

3. Snarf! macrumors member

Snarf!

The Playstation 2 has more games, and like the mac community, PS2 users are more fanatic. We love our PS2`s even though everyone knows that xbox and gamecube are better when it comes to specs. But PS2 has the numbers that really count (sales, games). Playstation 2/PSX is backwards compatible, so you can play PSone games on the PS2/PSX. And you will be able to play PSone and PS2 games on the PS3 when it comes in 2006 (maybee.. 2005). Also, the PSX has a 120 or 160 gigabyte HD, (you can get that on a xbox, also, but maybe not for the xbox2). It has a TV tuner, Network connection for playing online and connecting to your mac/pc. media PLayer capabilities enabling you to view your movies,photos, music and so on, directly from your computer via network, or if you want, copy it onto the PSX`s hd. It even has a DVDRW drive. No other console can brag about this. Use the PSX to burn movies from idvd/imovie. I could go on and on about this product for ages. But I´ll stop now.

If you want the best console, with the bigges selection of games, best online capability (and its free... -xbox live costs money...)home media center with dvd burner and a way cool design... there is no competition to the PSX... I`m getting it as soon as they ship it for scandinavia.

4. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

5. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Companies love the "X"

OSX, XBox, PSX, DivX, WindowsXP, etc etc

Wonder who was the trendsetter?

6. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Unix?

7. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

When is the PSX expected to be available in the U.S. anyway?

I've got the gamecube, xBox and PS1. I've often thought of picking up a PS2 (I had one before the xbox and GC), but the game selection (while large) doesn't have a game that I'm interested in that I can't get on the other systems. That's what I recommend, just look for games you want and buy the system on which they play. All three are good.

8. Earendil macrumors 68000

Earendil

I have to point out the irony here. First you say that PSX won't be out until 2006, then you go on to say it is the best console, and nothing else offers what it offers. Even Mac users are THAT fanatically blind ;)

That's not to say it won't be the best console (which is always a user opinion), but how about we wait until it's released before we start stating that it (will/might) offer more than the current competition.

Tyler
    Earendil

9. cubist macrumors 68020

No, he said the PS3 won't be out until 2006. The PSX is out, altho it's hard to find (I haven't seen one yet).

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

before we start a console war, lets treat this like a mac pc debate. what games do you want to play and which systems are they for.

iJon

11. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

no it sucks the movie sucks

cube was alright but not hypercube

12. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

When the PSX first came out i seem to recall seeing it everywhere... but isnt it just like a remake of the PS1?

13. Snarf! macrumors member

Snarf!

Psx was originally the codename for the playstation (1) console. But not in japan. In japan PSX is a brand new name, and it refers to the suped up version of the ps2 with: new design, 120 or 160gb HD, TV tuner, Network capability, DVD burner, media player, memorystick bay.

In this discussion we are talking about the cool new PSX, not the old ps one :)

14. Earendil macrumors 68000

Earendil

My sincerest apologies for the misundertsanding. If there is anything I hate most in a poster, it's someone that flies through and misses the point of the post and responds then inapropriatly. Which then brings me to my second most hated attribute, a Hypocrite. :(

I thought he was interchanging PSX and PS3 as I've never heard of the PSX, and it would make sense to call any next gen PS, no matter the name, a PS3 as well. My bad.
    So there is a new PS out aye? I've never even HEARD of it, or SEEN it in stores. Very odd. I'm not a console man, though I own an xBox (Halo made me do it). When was the PSX released? seems odd that I haven't heard much hype about it seeing as it's the most popular console by sales...
    I don't presume to follow console news, but tech news and TV I do ;)

Tyler
    Earendil

15. Snarf! macrumors member

Snarf!

The PSX is only released in japan at this moment. Sony are talking about a us release in the summer, and (if I`m very very lucky) europe in autumn. So litle is said about it in the media yet.

But if youre into PS2, then there are alot of info sites on the web.
    Because my iBook is mainly for music production and NOT a superb gaming machine, I read ALOT about consoles (Sony Playstation at least..). I`ve included a link to an IGN article.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/421/421027p1.html?fromint=1

If you (zodiac) ment the playstation 3 VS xbox2 in your initial thread, I think you should go for the xbobx-2. The playstation 3`s advanced cell structure will make it the best console by far. But it will probably not be released until 2006 maybe even 2007. the x-box 2 I believe is scheduled for next years release. However, MS will not include Hard drive, TV Tuner and DVD burner in the xbox2, So if you want the most games AND the most additional features, go for the PSX this summer/autumn.

Good luck. And please. If you get the PSX, please take some pictures and mail me :)

16. brandon_deal macrumors newbie

PSX

What exactly is the difference in the PSX???

17. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Its a Playstation 2 with a HD so it can record movies. Like a media center, from what i understand.

18. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

The PSX is an enhanced PS2, with a 120 GB HD, acting as a HD-video recorder, included also I heard is a DVD burner. But the PSX is NOT equal PS3. Those are worlds...
    PSX is more for people who want a DVD/HD recorder component, including (as a bonus) a gaming console. This is also reflected in the price of the PSX, its far more expensive than only the PS2.

I have a PS2 and a Mac. Best gaming combination there is ;) :D

PS3 in 2006 or so... here I come!! :D