What's it like to wait in line for a PS3?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Stinkythe1, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Stinkythe1 macrumors regular

Mar 30, 2005
  2. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    wow, what great videos. And for 24 hours of sleeping and watching movies, he didn't do so bad.
  3. MacCheetah3 macrumors 6502

Nov 14, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    I don't have a video, I considered it, but I waited in line for a Wii pre-order at Toys 'R Us. Four had been there since ~10:00A.M. the 27th for PS3s, the only four PS3s that were available, so I had no chance of my second plan of selling a PS3 to pay for a Wii. Oh well...S**t happens.

~1:30 A.M. on October 29th we arrived and were sixth in line because some a******s budged in front of us, even though they got there only moments after we did. Didn't matter since they could only get a Wii but if they would have had a chance to get a PS3, I'd have that settled real quick like. :)

2:00A.M. time falls back to 1:00A.M. -- D'oh...F*****g Daylight Savings Time

~8:30A.M. we got our ticket ( number )

9:00A.M. is opening time.

Weather was ~25ºF with about a 5-10MPH wind.

It was worth it but I was sure glad to go home to a warm bed. I had four thick layers of clothes on and two pairs of gloves and was still freezing my a*s off. I mainly just listened to my iPod as I could just keep it under my layers of clothing. There was no way I would have been able to play video games or hold anything outside of my jacket.
  4. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Jan 12, 2005
    Kind of a lame ending, but $600 for doing nothing is pretty good.
  5. SoaringUSAEagle macrumors newbie

Nov 18, 2006
    I have always wondered if sony or microsoft has an account on ebay just to sell those consoles right after they come out when they know they didnt release enough for demand... Just to make some money?!